Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioner Mr. Na Changjian Dies as a Result of Gross Physical Abuse - Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province

February 11, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Na Changjian was 51 years old. He lived at Minfu Village, Wujia Town, Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. In the evening of May 10, 2002, Mr. Na was arrested by Wujia Town officials without any valid reason. Later he was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. He was tortured to the brink of death in the Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City. Fearing the responsibility for their actions, the labor camp authorities released him on Nov. 17, 2003. Mr. Na Changjian died on Jan. 14, 2004.

On May 10, 2002, at 11:30 at night, Jiang Baoyu, an official from Wujia Town, in cahoots with Sun Xingwu, Li Yunzhong and Zhao Shibo from the Wujia Town Police Department, and Pei Congxian, the head of Minfu Village, broke into Mr. Na Changjian's home while Mr. Na was asleep. They ransacked Mr. Na's home and tossed clothes and articles all over the floor, saying, "If we find a single piece of paper related to Falun Gong, we will arrest you." They found a Dafa book, and took Mr. Na Changjian to the Wujia Police Department in the middle of the night.

At eight o'clock in the morning on May 11th, Mr. Na Changjian was sent to Shuangcheng City's Second Detention Center. On May 17th, Wujia Police Department demanded "bail" of 3,000 Yuan from Mr. Na's family, threatening that he would otherwise be sent to a labor camp. The family did not pay the money. After 33 days in the detention center, on June 4th, Mr. Na was sent to the Intensive Training Team of Harbin City Wanjia Forced Labor Camp and was detained there for 19 days. Later he was transferred to Harbin's Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp to have to serve a term of one and a half years.

Mr. Na became very weak as a result of sinister and cruel persecution of both mind and body in the camp. He also became emaciated. His feet became deformed and he could only walk with the support of at least two others. The labor camp authorities were afraid of taking the responsibility for their abuse, so they released him on Nov. 17, 2003. Mr. Na Changjian died on Jan.14, 2004.