Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ten-Year-Old Piao Yonghe of Jilin City Loses His Mother Due to Persecution (Photos)

November 15, 2004 |   By a Falun Dafa practitioner in Jilin City, Jilin Province

(Clearwisdom.net) Piao Yonghe was orphaned when his mother, Cui Zhengshu, a Falun Dafa practitioner in Jilin City, Jilin Province, was persecuted to death on August 12, 2003.

High Resolution Picture High Resolution Picture

Piao Yonghe is a 10-year-old boy of Korean heritage. He was born on November 5, 1994, and lived with his parents at No. 14, Section 9, Xiaoji Hutong, Beiji Street, Jilin City, Jilin Province, Zip code 132012. He is currently looked after by his grandparents, and attends Class 1, Fourth grade, at the Chuanying District No. 13 Primary School in Jilin City, located at 87 Zhihe Street, Chuanying District, Zip code 132012, Tel 86-432-2127168. 10-year-old Piao Yonghe does very well in school.

High Resolution PictureHigh Resolution PictureHigh Resolution Picture

Piao Yonghe as a toddler

High Resolution Picture
Yonghe's mother Cui Zhengshu, Yonghe, Yonghe's father Piao Zhefeng, and his grandparents
High Resolution Picture
Piao Yonghe's first birthday celebration
High Resolution Picture

Yonghe once had a very happy family and his mother treasured him. When he was born, Cui Zhengshu named him Yonghe ("forever like a crane"). The crane is a symbol of longevity in China. She hoped he would have a glorious and happy future. Ms. Cui recorded Yonghe's footprints at his birth, the name of the obstetrician who delivered him, his first laugh, his first tooth, the first time he stood up, the first time he walked, etc. in her baby growth diary, and took piles of photos. The photos and video tapes of "Piao Yonghe's first Birthday Celebration," and photos from every month after his first birthday, documented Yonghe's growth under his mother's loving care.

Because Ms. Cui Zhengshu was determined in her practice of Falun Dafa, she suffered tremendously as a result of the brutal persecution that began on July 20, 1999. She was detained three times, imprisoned twice in labor camps, and was eventually persecuted to death. Yonghe lost his mother when he was nine years old.

After Ms. Cui Zhengshu's death, Yonghe often cried to his father, asking for his mom. Whenever Yonghe saw other kids having fun playing with their mothers, a sad expression would appear in his eyes.

To avoid harassment by corrupt police, Yonghe's family had to move several times over the course of a few years. Last winter, Yonghe's grandparents and father rented a simple shed in the shanty town at the foot of Beishan (North Hill) in Jilin City. They had such a tight budget that even the money to buy coal to heat the apartment was borrowed from others. [Jilin is in northeast China, and it is very cold in the winter. There are no heaters in shanty towns, so people burn coal to heat their homes.] Even so, Yonghe's grandfather's hands got frostbite while he stayed in the apartment. Yonghe's relatives recently rented a better apartment, and they were able to stay there for the winter. Yonghe's grandfather has been hospitalized for his poor health and Yonghe misses him a lot.

High Resolution Picture High Resolution Picture High Resolution Picture

High Resolution Picture

Yonghe's composition

Not long ago, Yonghe wrote in his composition for school, "I heard that the lotus flowers in the lotus pond in Beishan blossomed. After dinner, I held my mom's hand and rushed to take a look at the lotus flowers."

We asked Yonghe, "Do you miss your mom?" He nodded and blocked his face with a newspaper.

The Jiang regime's senseless persecution of Falun Gong has broken up so many practitioners' families, including the separation and death of family members. Yonghe is just one of thousands of children whose parents were persecuted to death for practicing Falun Dafa. The crimes committed by Jiang's regime are too numerous to be recorded. Every kind-hearted person in the world should support the effort to stop this persecution, to prevent further tragedies like this, and ensure a bright future for China's children.

High Resolution Picture
Ms. Cui Zhengshu
High Resolution Picture
Ms. Cui Zhengshu in college

Paio Yonghe's Mother, Ms. Cui Zhengshu, a Falun Dafa Practitioner

Ms. Cui Zhengshu, of Korean decent, was persecuted to death on August 12, 2003, for practicing Falun Gong. She was born on July 7, 1968. She attended college and worked at the Jilin City First Center Grain Depot Sales Agency as a cashier, but was laid off in April 1997 (she received a one-time compensation for being let go early). She lived with her family at No. 14, Section 9, Xiaoji Hutong, Beiji Street, Jilin City, Jilin Province, Zip code 132012. Local jurisdiction: Chuanying District Zhihe Police Station, Jilin City.

Ms. Cui went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong on July 20, 1999 and was detained for fifteen days. She was later transferred to a brainwashing class and detained for another fifteen days. On January 6, 2000, Ms. Cui practiced the Falun Gong exercises in front of the Jilin Municipal Government building. She was illegally arrested by officers from Zhihe Police Station the next day. After she was detained for fifteen days, Ms. Cui was regarded as a criminal, and was illegally sentenced to one year of imprisonment in a forced labor camp, and sent to Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. In March 2002, Cui Zhengshu was arrested for producing truth-clarification materials, and was illegally sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp. By April 2003, her health had deteriorated severely due to the abuse she suffered in detention, and she was released on bail for treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis (TB). Cui Zhengshu passed away in August 2003.

Ms. Cui Zhengshu sang and danced well. She was diligent, eager to learn, and always cheerful. Since she started to practice Falun Dafa in 1997, she faithfully studied the Fa (1) and practiced the exercises outdoors, regardless of the weather.

After July 20, 1999, the police set up strict blockades along the roads leading to Beijing, with guards at every access point, in order to prevent Falun Dafa practitioners from going there to appeal. Ms. Cui and another female practitioner were intercepted in Xingcheng, Liaoning Province. She had withdrawn all her money from the bank and spent 1,500 yuan (2) to take a taxi to Beijing. Ms. Cui arrived in Beijing on July 22 after many challenges. She was later illegally detained in Fengtai Stadium in Beijing. After she was sent back to Jilin City, she was illegally detained in the Chuanying District Zhihe Police Station in Jilin City. Jiang Quan, the political instructor in the police station, tried to force her to write a Guarantee Statement, promising not to practice Falun Gong, but Ms. Cui firmly refused. After being detained overnight, over a dozen policemen drove Ms. Cui to her house and ransacked it. They tried to take her Falun Gong books and Teacher's pictures, but Ms. Cui warned them to stop their evil acts and told them to treat Dafa practitioners kindly. She stopped them from taking the books with her own body. The police were shocked by her righteous acts and released her without taking anything. Many of her neighbors witnessed the scene and expressed their indignation towards the local policemen's illegal conduct, and showed their understanding and support for Ms. Cui's righteous acts.

Jiang Zemin abused his power and used the state propaganda machine to fabricate lies in order to deceive innocent people. In response, practitioners began to clarify the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution to the government and ordinary people, by peacefully appealing and writing to the relevant government officials. The cultivation environment for practitioners in Jilin City was severely damaged when police and local villains began to search for Dafa books in Dafa practitioners' homes, in order to destroy them and force practitioners to stop practicing.

One day, two policemen suddenly broke into Ms. Cui's house. They saw Falun Dafa books and tapes and tried to grab them. Ms. Cui blocked the books with her body and told them righteously, "This book is about the law of the universe. You can't take it away." When she told them the truth of how Dafa was persecuted, they did not know what to say. Further attempts at persecution also failed under the effect of her strong righteous thoughts. Ms. Cui wrote an open letter to the Mayor of Jilin City without much consideration for her own safety. In this letter, she described the huge changes she had experienced after practicing Falun Dafa, and explained that Falun Dafa is the law of the universe. She disclosed her home phone number at the end of the letter. This letter played a positive role at that time to scare the evil, to clarify truth, and to encourage and help more practitioners to come out to validate Falun Dafa.

On September 5, 1999, Ms. Cui went to Beijing again with three other practitioners to peacefully appeal for Falun Dafa, because they were not allowed to appeal locally. Ms. Cui was illegally arrested by police at her lodging in Miyun County, Beijing. She was sent back to Jilin City and illegally detained for fifteen days. Because she continued to practice Falun Gong, Ms. Cui was detained again in the so-called "forced brainwashing study class" in Jilin. In the brainwashing class, she studied the Fa and practiced the exercises with other practitioners. The police found it was impossible to "reform" her. Afraid that Ms. Cui would influence other practitioners, they sent her back to a detention center where she was detained for fifteen days.

Before the spring festival in 2001, after sharing experiences with fellow practitioners, Ms. Cui Zhengshu realized that she should validate Dafa, clarify truth, and save sentient beings regardless of the environment. At around 9:00 a.m. on the day of the 2001 Chinese Lantern Festival, (February 7) Ms. Cui and more than 200 other practitioners spontaneously went to practice the Falun Gong exercises in front of the Jilin Municipal Government building, to validate Falun Dafa. The corrupt officers were shocked and afraid. A few hundred policemen were dispatched to illegally arrest the practitioners. The Jilin municipal government determined this public practice to be "a major and serious case," and ordered the Jilin Police Department to find the organizers and planners. Police from the Criminal Police Brigade in the Chuanying Sub-bureau of the Jilin Police Department concluded that Ms. Cui had organized this public practice, so they arrested her and persecuted her with brutal torture.

The police whipped her with rubber hoses and stomped hard on her feet, digging in with their heels. They beat Ms. Cui until her head was completely covered with bumps that were excruciatingly painful. Still the police were not able to get any information from her. Eventually the police illegally sentenced her to one year of imprisonment in a forced labor camp, and sent her to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. Ms. Cui was held in the Fourth Brigade, where she suffered a multitude of tortures. After her one-year term was up, it was extended for another month, and Ms. Cui was finally released in April 2001. When she returned home, Jiang Quan, political instructor in the Chuanying District Zhihe Police Station, and other policemen, along with a few members of the neighborhood administration in Chuangying District, Zhihe Street, abducted her again and took her to a brainwashing class. The brainwashing class refused to release her until they extorted 600 yuan from her family. From then on, whenever the so-called "sensitive dates" (3) approached, the police and the neighborhood administration people frequently harassed Ms. Cui at her home for no reason, making it impossible for Ms. Cui's family to live a normal life.

In 2002, Ms. Cui Zhengshu was illegally arrested again by the Jilin City "610 Office," along with police from the Chuanying Sub-bureau of the Police Department, while she was producing truth-clarification materials. She was illegally sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp, which she served at the Fourth Brigade in Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp. During her imprisonment, in an attempt to "reform" her, Zhang Guimei, head of the brigade, and guard Zhang Xuesong ordered villains to persecute her using various means. Very often, more than a dozen villains and "collaborators" (former Falun Gong practitioners who have turned against Dafa due to brainwashing and torture) surrounded her to forcibly brainwash her. Ms. Cui resisted with righteous thoughts, and clarified truth to them every time. The guard ordered the villains to deprive Ms. Cui Zhengshu of sleep for more than thirty days. Over a period of thirty three days, Ms. Cui slept only twenty-two hours total (reported on Minghui.org). Ms. Cui became so fatigued that it was difficult for her to walk or eat by herself, yet guards Zhang Guimei and Zhang Xuesong forced her to carry another steadfast Dafa practitioner on her back for more than a month. As it was difficult for Ms. Cui Zhengshu to eat, she became extremely weak and she was unable to take care of herself. Afraid to be held responsible for her death, the labor camp officials released her on bail for medical treatment on April 18, 2003.

When Ms. Cui returned home, she was emaciated and her mind and body had deteriorated. Once talented and quick to respond, she became silent and sullen. She was unable to take care of herself and it was difficult for her to walk. Her whole body ached and she suffered every day. Her family looked after her carefully, but she was in very serious condition, coughed for entire days and nights, and was unable to sleep. Finally she was unable to have meals. Her hands and feet gradually lost all feeling, and she had to be supported by others to walk.

In early August 2003, Ms. Cui Zhengshu's condition became worse. She couldn't move her body at all and lost hearing in both ears. She was unable to eat any food, and was reduced to only 55 lbs. Her eyes were dull and she was in a state of delirium. Every part of her body had been damaged so seriously by the relentless persecution, that all rescue measures were ineffective. Ms. Cui Zhengshu died at 9:00 a.m. on August 12, 2003, leaving behind her elderly parents, her young child, and her husband. Thus, another happy family was destroyed by the persecution.

Ms. Cui Zhengshu was tortured to death. It is one of many crimes Jiang Zemin's group has committed against tens of thousands of Falun Dafa practitioners. We hope that everyone with a sense of justice, both in China and abroad, will give their support, help to stop the persecution of Falun Gong, and bring Jiang Zemin to justice.

Piao Yonghe's father, Piao Zhefeng,

Piao Zhefeng is a 37-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner of Korean decent, and a college graduate. He was born on November 16, 1967, and formerly lived at No. 14, Section 9, Xiaoji Hutong, Beiji Street, Jilin City, Jilin Province, Zip code 132012. Local jurisdiction: Chuanying District Zhihe Police Station, Jilin City.

In September 2000, Mr. Piao was arrested in a fellow practitioner's home and detained for fifteen days. In October 2000, he was arrested in Shenyang, Liaoning Province, on his way to Beijing to appeal. He was sent back to Jilin and detained for fifteen days. In November 2000, Mr. Piao was again arrested in a fellow practitioner's home and was detained for fifteen days. In December 2000, he went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa. He was arrested on Tiananmen Square and illegally sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp. He was persecuted in the Huanxiling Forced Labor Camp in Jilin City. Mr. Piao was released at the end of September 2001 and sent to a brainwashing class for twenty days before being released.

Contact information for agencies persecuting practitioners in Jilin City -

Chuanying District Zhihe Police Station in Jilin City, 86-432-2122837, Beiji Police Station 86-432-2130673
Chuanying District Beiji Street Administration Office: Party secretary's office, 86-432-2027070, Director office, 86-432-2027390
Chuanying District Zhihe Street Administration Office: Party secretary's office 86-432-2127153, Director office, 86-432-2139616

October 14, 2004


(1) Fa: Law and principles; the teachings of Falun Dafa.

(2) Yuan is the Chinese currency; 500 yuan is equal to the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.

(3) "Sensitive dates" are national holidays, national political meetings, and dates of significance to Falun Dafa; the authorities fear that practitioners will publicly appeal for Falun Dafa during these times.