Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ms. Liu Tongling Tortured to Death on the "Iron Chair" at the Harbin Forced Labor Camp in 2003

November 13, 2004 |   By a practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Liu Tongling, over 50 years old, was a practitioner from Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province. She was abducted and taken to the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Forced Labor Camp in September 2003. Within a month she was dead. (http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/11/27/42629.html)

When Ms. Liu Tongling arrived at the drug rehabilitation forced labor camp, she immediately raised her hand to send forth righteous thoughts. The prison guards put her into a single cell and sent criminals Liu Yan and Liu Rongmei to monitor her. When the guards tortured her, she often shouted out loudly, "Falun Dafa is great!" To keep other detainees from hearing her, the guards made loud noises to muffle what she was saying.

Ms. Liu Tongling died on the "Iron Chair," where she had been tortured at 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. daily. Practitioners on the "Iron Chair" have their hands handcuffed to the back of the chair and their legs and feet handcuffed in place. The practitioner cannot move. Meanwhile the prison guards will continue to beat and abuse the practitioner, clutching at sensitive body parts such as the inner thigh and the breast. Within minutes the practitioner usually turns pale, sweats profusely, and even loses consciousness.

Before she passed away Ms. Liu Tongling was unable to eat anything for days due to the torture. She was very weak. On the last day of her life, as she was being tortured on the iron chair, she asked to use the restroom, but was refused by guard He Qiuhong. Because she was so weak and was not allowed to use restroom, she lost control of her bodily functions. When He Qiuhong noticed this, the guard beat her so badly that Ms. Liu's face was covered in open wounds. To add insult to injury, He Qiuhong even had others remove all of her clothes to humiliate her and let her freeze. That day Ms. Liu Tongling died, naked, on the iron chair.

Liu Rongmei found Ms. Liu Tongling dead and told Li Jinming, the director of the 2nd brigade. Li Jinming told them, "Put on her clothes immediately and send her to the hospital." The police wouldn't let Liu Yan or Liu Rongmei into the hospital. They told the two criminal monitors to keep it a secret and promised to reduce their terms.

The forced labor camp notified Ms. Liu Tongling's family that she had died of heart disease. When the family asked why Ms. Liu Tongling's face was covered with injuries, they answered that she had crashed into a wall and caused the injuries herself.

Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Forced Labor Camp, 258 Pioneer Rd, Tai District, Harbin City.