(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhuo was born in Leshan in 1969. He worked as a government employee at the Agriculture Bureau in Leshan City. Zhang Zhuo insisted on practicing Falun Gong, even after July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, and was persecuted many times by forced brainwashing.
On June 7, 2002 at around 5:30 p.m. Zhang Zhuo was chatting with another practitioner on the grassy square at the intersection of Jiazhou Avenue and Nan'an Road in Leshan's central region, when officers from the central area arrested him and sent him to the Zhanggong Bridge Police Station. At around 7:00 p.m. his home was searched. The next day around 9:00 a.m., his family was notified that Zhang Zhuo died in the police detention room at 7:00 a.m. The police said that he committed suicide by hanging himself, but the police did not permit the family members to see the his body.
Zhang's son was only six years old when his father died. On June 11, 2002, four days after the murder, ten or more of his family members were able to view his body, accompanied by police and work unit leaders. They found the following suspicious signs on the deceased's body:
1. Zhang's mouth, nose, and ears seemed to have been washed, and looked particularly cleaner than other areas. After careful observation, though, family members found some bloodstains in the right nostril and inside his ears. The family members requested the police photographer who was present to photograph a blood stained cotton ball. The police refused this request.
2. The post mortem examination report stated that there were hemorrhage spots in the lower eyelids of Zhang's eyes, but his family members examined the body and found that the so-called hemorrhage spots seemed to be caused by a needle and are likely not the cause for blood coming from inside the eyes.
3. Even though Zhang's jaw was locked, and the upper and lower teeth could not be separated to allow an examination inside the mouth, his family members identified obvious traces of bleeding on the surface of and between his teeth.
4. On the right side of Zhang Zhuo's neck they noticed a 1.5 by 3.0 cm. blood bruise. It is about 7-8 cm. away from a "rope mark." How could this be when it is clearly a distance away from the mark the supposed rope had made?
5. Zhang Zhuo's back area has black and blue marks. It also looks as if there was bleeding in the lower legs.
6. There was a 1.5 x 1.5 cm. scar on the back of one of his hands. Since the scar's edge is so regular and deep, it is unlikely to be caused by a scratch.
7. There was a 1 x 3.5 cm. scar on the upper inside of his left elbow. This side should only be in contact with his body and can't be rubbed by his elbow while at the same time causing damage.
8. During the morning of June 8, Mao Jiaxin, the city's central region police chief, called repeatedly and urged Zhang Zhuo's family members to come to the funeral home, stating that they will soon cremate Zhang Zhuo's remains. But during the morning of July 10, during a meeting in the Garden Lake Hotel regarding Zhang Zhuo's death, it was evident that the postmortem reports from the city's police office and from the prosecutor's office were filed the mornings of June 9 and June 10. Then, why was there urgency to cremate Zhang Zhuo's remains before the reports were made? When Mao Jiaxin pushed the family members for cremation, many people were there. Later, on June 10, Mao Jiaxin flatly denied that he had notified and urged the family to come to allow early cremation. Why?
As family members, we have the right to receive the postmortem reports from the appropriate bureau. Heshan City central region's police office denied the request.
Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Zhang Zhuo was only 32 years old. He has an elderly mother, in poor health, who is close to 70 years old, and a six-year-old son. He absolutely would not and could not committee suicide by hanging in front of a policeman. The police did not permit the family to visit his remains until four days after his death. Many of his injuries hint that Zhang Zhuo may have been the victim of violent beatings and died as a result. The Zhanggong Bridge Police Station was trying to cover up the truth, but we believe that one day the truth will be exposed to the public.
October 9, 2004