Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More Information on the Death of Falun Gong Practitioner Li Jingdong

January 31, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Li Jingdong was from Yunshan Township, Pingdu City, Shandong Province. He went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong in September 2001. Mr. Li was arrested and sent back to his hometown where he was tortured to death by local police.

Mr. Li Jingdong was in his forties. He had many illnesses before he started practicing Falun Dafa, but after he started practicing, they all disappeared.

On July 20, 1999 Jiang Zemin (former Chinese president) began the persecution of Falun Gong. Mr. Li, his 57-year-old sister, and his 15-year-old son, who are also Falun Gong practitioners, wanted to go to Tiananmen Square to speak out against the injustice toward Falun Dafa and the Teacher. With great hardship, they saved 200 Yuan [500 Yuan is the average monthly income for an urban worker in China.] for the trip. On September 23, 2001 the three started their journey to Beijing. While in Beijing, they posted truth-clarifying materials on the streets, and they planned to go to Tiananmen Square. However, they were arrested before they even got to Tiananmen Square. Once the police found out they were Falun Gong practitioners, they beat Mr. Li and then jailed them in a detention center in Beijing. When Mr. Li and his son were practicing Falun Gong exercises in a room there, a policeman from Pingdu hit Mr. Li with a belt, causing lacerations on his head and face. Mr. Li lost consciousness and his face was covered with blood. On the way back to Yuanshan Police Station, the police said to him, "We will 'take care' of you real good once we get back."

No one knows how many policemen were involved, how much torture Mr. Li was subjected to, or what kind of torture devices were used on him, but a healthy person was tormented to the brink of death in only 3 to 4 days. Not a single part of his body was left unharmed. Mr. Li protested by going on hunger strike. The police responded with force-feeding. After 5 days in the Yuanshan Police Station, Mr. Li was sent to the "610 Office" ["610 office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems.] in Pingdu City.

No one knew his whereabouts or what had happened to him during that time. On January 19, 2002, after 7 to 8 days at the "610 Office," Mr. Li was brought back to the Yuanshan Police Station dead. Before the funeral, when Mr. Li's family members tried to change his clothes, they found that his clothes were stuck to his body with blood and could not be taken off.

Mr. Li Jingdong died from gross injustice. His elderly mother cried, and there is now no one to care for his young child. A family was torn apart.