Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioner Mr. Yan Hai from Zhangjiajou City, Hebei Province Tortured to Death (Photo)

January 24, 2004 |  

Yan Hai

(Clearwisdom.net) On November 24, 2003, Dafa practitioner Yan Hai from Zhangjiajou City, Hebei Province was tortured to death. He was the 12th practitioner known to have died of police torture in Zhangjiakou City.

Mr. Yan Hai, 37 years old, was a farmer from Tumu Village, Tumu Township, Huailai County, Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province. At 9:00 p.m. on the night of October 30, 2002, policeman Wang Guohong from former Langshan Police Station (the station has changed its name to Tumu Police Station in order to avoid responsibility) led a dozen policemen and broke into Yan Hai's home and took him away. They also ransacked Yan's home, stealing the only 200 yuan he had. Yan's elderly parents and two young children were horrified by the abduction.

The entities responsible for torturing Yan Hai included Huailan County Police Department, Tumu Police Station, Huailai Criminal Police Squad, Huailai County Detention Center and Shisanli Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City.

At the Huailai County Detention Center, the police tortured Yan Hai for over 30 hours non-stop. In order to have him tell the names of other practitioners and give up his practice of Falun Gong, police from the Huailai County Police Department and Huailai Criminal Police Squad used various means including intimidation, threats, deceit, and torture.

The police subjected Yan Hai to torture, where Yan's hands were tied behind his back with one hand over the shoulder and the other hand against the lower back. The police then applied a great deal of force to pull the two hands toward one another and handcuffed the two hands together. Afterwards, the police placed bricks under the handcuffs to make him suffer even more.

They also used a torture dubbed "shaking handcuffs." They forced Yan Hai to sit on a small bench and handcuffed his hands behind his back. Then the police tied a rope to the handcuffs and pulled the rope backward with all their might. At the same time two policemen shook the small bench. The handcuffs became tighter and tighter until they cut deep into Yan Hai's flesh, causing him to faint from the pain. The flesh on his wrists was cut and bleeding.

The police also used a manual telephone to shock Yan Hai. The police cranked the handle of the manual phone to generate electricity and shock him. High voltage electricity went through Yan Hai's whole body, causing him excruciating pain. Each time he was shocked, he would let out a heartbreaking scream. He passed out on the spot.

In addition to the physical torture, the police also subjected Yan Hai to brutal psychological torture. They continuously had him go through brainwashing, attempting to force him to give up his practice. Qu Xiaolin, the instructor of the detention center, and Zhang Xiuqin, a former practitioner who has turned against Dafa under pressure, attempted to transform Yan Hai, but they failed.

Yan Hai was jailed and tortured for one year and 24 days. During detention, he clarified the truth to inmates, enabling many predestined people to know the truth. Some policemen changed their attitude towards Dafa afterwards.

On November 14, 2003, when Yan Hai was in an extremely weak condition due to torture, he was transferred to the Shisanli Detention Center. On November 22, 2003, seeing he had only one breath left, the Shisanli Detention Center sent him to the 251 Hospital. At 4:00a.m. on November 24, Yan Hai passed away.

At the time of his death, his whole body was swollen, and his mouth and nose were stuffed with cotton. His body was blanching, including his mouth and tongue. The 251 Hospital doctors diagnosed him as "died of dysfunction of blood circulation." But the doctors could not explain why his body was blanching. The reason was that he was losing large amounts of blood from the torture. He became weaker and weaker everyday.

On November 26, 2003, the police informed Yan Hai's family of his death. They hypocritically asked his family to request compensation. However, when the family indeed request compensation, the police turned a deaf ear and said, "He is a criminal and practices Falun Gong. No compensation whatsoever."

On November 27, when the family members went to the hospital to take a look at his body, dozens of police and over 10 armed police were dispatched there to monitor them.

Tumu Police Station
Phone: 86-313-6836706
Director: Wang Guohong
Vice Director: Xin Chaobo (former police from the Criminal Police Squad)
Policeman: Li Xin (who has been transferred to the Criminal Police Squad)

Huailai County Detention Center
Phone: 86-313-6235362
Director: Liu Wenxiang
Political Commissioner: Fan Yuming
Instructor: Qu Xiaolin
Guard: Guo Yuhai

Huailai Criminal Police Squad
Police: Liu Yongquan, Meng, Hou Jiawei and other 30 people

"610 Office"
Yang Haiqing, Yang Zhiwei

Former practitioner who assisted in the persecution: Zhang Xiuqin

Intermediate People's Court in Zhangjiakou City
Judge: Xu Feng
Deputy judge: Wang Zhifeng, Li Jianhua
Clerk: Bian Zhenhe

Huailai County People's Court
Chief Judge: Li Shasha
Judge: Hou Zhiqiang
Deputy Judge: Wang Jingsheng
Clerk: Qin Hua

Huailai County Prosecutor's House
Inspector: Li Yuxiao
Deputy Inspector: Liang Jie