Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Details on How Liu Chengjun, Who Tapped Into the Changchun Cable Television, Was Tortured to Death in Jilin Prison (Photo)

January 20, 2004 |  

Liu Chengjun

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Liu Chengjun, 32-years-old, from Nongan County, Jilin Province, was arrested on March 5, 2002 for tapping into cable TV networks in Changchun and Songyuan. Working with several other Falun Dafa practitioners, he broadcast programs that revealed the facts of Falun Dafa and the evil nature of the persecution. The police illegally sentenced him to 19 years in the Jilin Prison. Mr. Liu was severely tortured in prison and died at 4:30 in the morning on December 26, 2003. In order to cover up their crime, the criminals responsible for his death cremated his body at 10:40 a.m. the same morning, against his family's will.

The Police Maliciously Prevented Mr. Liu's Family from Visiting Him

At 10:30 p.m. on December 25, 2003, before he died, six police officers from the Jilin Province Labor Reform Bureau, Jilin Prison, and Nongan County Debiao Police Department, rushed to Mr. Liu's home. The police said that Mr. Liu was severely ill in the First Hospital of the Changchun Medical School (also known as the First Clinical Institute of Jilin University), and wanted his family to visit him immediately. The police kept on inquiring about the health of Mr. Liu's parents and suggested that they bring the necessary medicine to Mr. Liu in the hospital. The police provided only a small car as transportation to the hospital, so no one besides the parent -- no other friends or family members -- was able to go visit Mr. Liu.

When they arrived at the First Hospital of the Medical School, where the police had told them their son was being held, they didn't stop there but rather continued on to another hospital, the China-Japan Union Hospital of Jilin University (former Third Clinical Institute of the Jilin University). When his parents arrived, Mr. Liu had a high fever and his body temperature was higher than 39oC (102.2oF). There was ice underneath his armpits and his head, and his entire back was bruised. Mr. Liu was in a coma, surviving only with the help of a ventilator.

The rest of the family went on their own to the First Hospital of the Changchun Medical School but could not find anyone there. The police had purposely told them the wrong hospital. They checked the hospital's acceptance record from a computer and found nothing about Mr. Liu. They then went to the First Hospital's branch to search for him, but also found nothing. Not knowing what to do, they went back to the First Hospital and searched the whole night, but still no information could be obtained about Mr. Liu. The next morning (Friday the 26th) the rest of the family received Mr. Liu's parent's phone call saying that they were at the China-Japan Hospital. Before that, Mr. Liu's parents tried to borrow a cell phone from the police but were denied. His parents had to run down five floors to make a phone call to the rest of the family. When the rest of the family arrived at the China-Japan Union Hospital, Mr. Liu had stopped breathing. He died with his mouth and eyes open, as though trying to speak.

Right after Mr. Liu stopped breathing, the police would not allow his parents to change his clothes. The police wanted Mr. Liu's dead body to wear the clothes of a prisoner. Mr. Liu's parents wanted their son's clothes back, but the police insisted that the parents had to pay for their own son's clothes to be returned. Meanwhile, the rest of the family was having a hard time searching for Mr. Liu in the First Hospital.

The Family Requested that Mr. Liu's Remains Not Be Cremated; the Police Insisted on Cremating Him, Without Giving Any Rational Argument

Mr. Liu's death was devastating to his parents because he was so young. His father was immediately choked and could barely breathe. His mother cried until she fainted. She kept on asking the police, "Why did you wait and inform us until he was in such bad shape? We're his family! Have you no human decency!" The police responsible for these crimes couldn't make comments.

The family asked the police why they were told to go to the wrong hospital. Captain Lin (first name unknown), of the Fifth Team of the Jilin Prison (where Mr. Liu was illegally detained before his death), could not utter a word as to why.

The family told the police that it was illegal to wait to inform the family until a person is dying. The police again were speechless. After this event the police used more people to "monitor" Mr. Liu's family. They even sent police to the funeral.

After Mr. Liu's remains were cremated, the police were nowhere to be found.

Mr. Liu's family wanted to take his body back to his hometown. However, the police strongly objected to the idea and interfered with the process. They forced the family to cremate the body immediately. During the argument, other police arrived, and by 10:40 a.m. that morning, Mr. Liu's remains were sent to Chaoyanggou, where they were cremated quickly. The police initially didn't even let the family buy a box to put the ashes in. The police finally agreed to this, but threatened Mr. Liu's family not to disclose this incident.

The Police Ignored the Hospital's Notes about Mr. Liu's Critical Condition Many Times

In fact, as early as October 23, 2003, the Jilin Central Hospital already knew that Mr. Liu was in critical condition. When the family asked for him to be released on probation in order to receive medical treatment, Chief Lin from the Fifth Team said it couldn't be done unless they were to ask the authorities in charge of the prison. The family went to the prison, but they were told that the people responsible for that decision were all on a business trip. The doctor in the prison said that they had already reported Mr. Liu's case to the provincial authority.

The information about Mr. Liu being brutally tortured and in critical condition has appeared on the Clearwisdom website. This report caused strong reactions all over the world. Dafa practitioners went to the Chinese Consulates in their respective countries to appeal for the release of Mr. Liu and to call for an end to the brutal persecution against Dafa practitioners in the Jilin Prison. However, in order to cover up their crimes, the authorities transferred Mr. Liu to the Jilin Police Hospital, which is known for its brutal torture means, and continued torturing him even more.

Later on, the labor camp hospital gave notice of Mr. Liu being in critical condition again and asked for him to be released on probation for medical treatment. The Nongan County "610 Office" denied this request and later secretly brought Mr. Liu back to the Jilin Prison [the "610 Office" is an agency specifically created to persecute Falun Gong, with absolute power over each level of administration in the Party and all other political and judiciary systems].

No Visits Allowed by Family Members Until Mr. Liu Would Give Up His Belief in Falun Dafa; the Police Lie About Mr. Liu Being "Very Healthy"

During this time, Mr. Liu's family had requested visits, but were denied many times. The prison said that Mr. Liu's family could visit him once Mr. Liu was permitted to write letters home -- implying that this would only happen when he had renounced Falun Dafa. Every time the family asked about Mr. Liu's health, the police lied, saying, "perfectly fine."

The last time Mr. Liu was in critical condition, the police had to let his family see him. But they purposely lied about his location and thus delayed the timing of the visit.

Before His Death, Mr. Liu Had Revealed to His Family That the Police Ordered Common Prisoners to Torture Him Every Day

Before he died, Mr. Liu told his family that every day common prisoners were sent by the police to torture him. When the family brought this up to the police, the police pretended to be shocked and claimed that no such thing had occurred. They did everything they could to deny what they have done, just like the chief scoundrel, Jiang.

When the family was changing Mr. Liu's clothes before cremation, they found that he was bleeding from his ears, nose and mouth. Most disturbingly, the family found an opening on his thigh that was bleeding continuously. This wound seemed to have been created as a means of torturing Mr. Liu by forced injections.