Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

An Excellent Teacher, Mr. Ma Lizhi from Jiaonan City, Shandong Province Dies of Torture

January 16, 2004 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Ma Lizhi used to teach at the Adult Education School of Jiaonan City, Shandong Province. Before he took up the practice of Falun Dafa, he suffered from type-B hepatitis and had to ask for long-term sick leave. After he started cultivating Dafa, he recovered quickly and resumed teaching. He was a well respected teacher. Later he was transferred to the Tenth Middle School.

At the end of October 2000, while distributing Dafa truth-clarification materials, Ma was reported to the police, who arrested him and took him to the Tianshanlu Police Station. While in detention there, he was brutally tortured. Policeman Zhuang Huaidou was a very vicious individual. He had beaten practitioners many times. Once, he handcuffed a practitioner for a long time. Even two years later, marks were still visible on this practitioner's wrists and he still suffered from numbness in his hands. Zhuang pulled Ma Lizhi's hands all the way up behind his back and cuffed them to the back of a chair. He then forced Mr. Ma to sit on the floor and swing the chair. This torture caused excruciating pain. Zhuang claimed, "Jiang Zemin does not allow you to practice! Whoever practices will be arrested!" He also beat Mr. Ma, stomped on his legs with his leather boots, and used a small bench to hit his ankles. He attempted to force Ma Lizhi to disclose the sources of truth-clarification materials. Zhuang did not stop torturing him until he passed out.

The Political Security Department plotted to sentence Ma Lizhi to a labor camp. However, because of his poor health condition, he was rejected. The police then sent him to a detention center where he was jailed for a month. Afterwards, the police transferred him to a different detention center and held him there for several months. While in detention, Mr. Ma developed scabies all over his body. He also showed symptoms of ascites. Every night, he could not get to sleep because his legs and ankles hurt terribly from the torture. Seeing he was in extremely poor condition, the police released him in March 2001.

Ma Lizhi's wife worked in the Jiaonan City Meat Factory. In June 2001, then Party Secretary of the meat factory, Ms. Wang Qing, led Wang Huibin (deputy chief of the security department of the factory), and Wang Keyi, a policeman from Tianshanlu Police Station, to Ma's home. Wang Keyi was very vicious. He once beat a practitioner into a coma, then poured cold water on the practitioner and continued beating him after the practitioner regained consciousness. They broke the windows to get into the home. They arrested Mr. Ma's wife and sent her to a brainwashing class to be persecuted. She was not released until August.

During his wife's detention, Ma Lizhi's health deteriorated due to lack of care. He passed away in November 2001, at the age of 37.

Wang Qing now is the vice chairman of Jiaonan City Women's Association.

Zhuang Haidou now is the deputy chief of Hongshiya Town Police Station of Jiaonan City.