Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Retired Teacher Wu Yao from the Beijing Medical School Is Tortured to Death

September 27, 2003 |  

September 6, 2003

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Wu Yao, 57 years old, was a retired English teacher from the Affiliated Middle School of the Beijing Medical School.

On September 10, 2002, which is Teacher's Day, she and her husband Yang Zhanming were arrested while clarifying the truth of Dafa to people. They were later detained at the Fengtai Detention Center, Beijing City. On June 11, 2003, she was sent to a forced labor camp. On June 22, 2003, calling it a "sudden death," the authorities told her family that Wu Yao had passed away.

Anyone who met Wu Yao would admit that she was a kind and dignified person. Upon her arrest, she went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal arrest and treatment. The Detention Center made use of the criminals to force-feed her. Criminals brutally punched her face, pried open her mouth, and pinched her breasts and private parts. Eleven days later, Wu stopped her hunger strike and was dragged to another other cell with shackles on her feet.

Both Wu Yao and her husband Yang Zhanming were illegally sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp. While being detained, she used Dafa as the standard to judge what she should do, and looked inwardly for problems. Fellow Dafa practitioners enjoyed sharing experiences with her. Her kindness moved the people around her, and even many guards and criminals called her "Teacher Wu" in a kindly manner. Many people liked to listen to her clarification of Dafa truths.

Since she had righteous thoughts, she was sent to the forced Labor camp twice but the camp refused to accept her in both cases. The second time before she was sent, she was forcibly injected with blood pressure reduction medicine. At the time, the city officers planned to release her but asked her to write a "Guarantee" to give up her Dafa practice. She denied the unreasonable demand without hesitation.

During the "SARS" period, the detention center required each person to measure his or her body temperature three times a day. She refused because she believed that a Dafa practitioner would not become infected by SARS, and she used this chance to clarify the truth of Dafa to people. Before she attained Dafa, she was very weak and was almost paralyzed in bed. It was Dafa that empowered her to go back to her teaching position.

When facing the brutality of the guards, she always treated them kindly. She also told them that wrongdoing would create retribution. Criminals, who have long been incarcerated there admitted the guards had changed. They starting treating Falun Gong practitioners and criminals not as viciously as they had before. Her kindness reminded fellow Dafa practitioners around her of their own shortcomings; her clear understanding of Dafa left no room for debate for those former practitioners who had gone astray, and reinforced the righteous thoughts of fellow practitioners. When she pointed out the shortcomings of fellow practitioners, they were moved to tears. Her employer stopped paying her pension because of her firmness in practicing Dafa. She said: "They are hurting themselves, I'll ask them to pay it back after I get out of here, so as to let them stop persecuting Dafa and be saved."

On the day when Wu was sent to the forced labor camp, she was tortured by vicious police officers because she refused to cooperate. Her lower back was badly hurt after police officers struck her there repeatedly with their elbows. She could not even stand up. Ten days later, Wu died from the torture. Her husband, Yang Zhanming, is still being detained at the forced labor camp.

The phone number of the Beijing Fengtai Detention Center: 86-10-83680063