Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

A Letter to His Mom by Dafa Practitioner Bai Xiaojun, Who Has Passed Away due to the Persecution Since Then

September 24, 2003 |  


Hi, Mom. How are you?

Your letter on November 24 gave me some idea of your and Xiaohua's conditions. This is the second time that I have heard something from home since my forced labor term began in 2000.

I was arrested in July 2000. I was jailed in Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City for the first year. As you heard later, I was indeed "incapacitated" for a period of time. In Fenjin Forced Labor Camp, my arms and legs were twice injured from being beaten. Luckily my bones were not broken. Later, I stayed in the Police Hospital of Jilin Province for over a month because of my scabies. I could not take a bath or wash my clothes and relied on fellow practitioners to wash all my clothes for me. Last time [we spoke], you and I did not have sufficient time to finish our conversation, but the information that you had heard about me was true.

I was sent to Fenjin Forced Labor Camp in August 2000, and was kept there until April of the following year. On April 11, 2001, I was transferred to Weizigou Forced Labor Camp where I stayed until February 12, 2002 (New Year's Eve on the Lunar Calendar). So I was kept in the forced labor camp for one and a half years. They did not release me when the term of forced labor was over. Instead, on the day that I was supposed to be released they sent me to a forced re-education class (brainwashing class), where I stayed for a month. Afterwards, I was sent to the Third Jail of Changchun City and stayed there for nearly a month. Then, I was sentenced to another 3-year term of forced labor and was sent to Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp, where I have been ever since. This is a summary of what has happened since my arrest.

Ever since my arrest, I was far away from you, but I received plenty of care from my friends. Fellow practitioners were always thinking of me when the seasons changed. They sent clothes and other necessities through various channels. As a result, I did not suffer from coldness even in the deepest of winter. On the contrary, I sometimes ended up having extra clothes. I greatly appreciate everyone's help and care. You don't need to worry about me.

So far, I am doing fine in all aspects. Although I did not pass some tribulations well, overall I am making good progress. In the past two years, I have gained better and better understandings of the true meaning of life. If I regain my freedom someday, I believe I can do better in all areas.

I am not worried about Xiaohua. He knows what to do. You need to be more careful. You need to make sure that you always do the right thing. Mother, I hope that one day when we see each other, your health conditions, as well as all other areas, will bring me a pleasant surprise. Mother, I believe the day that our family will reunite is not too far away.

I'll stop here. You do not have to reply to me if there is no special news.

December 28, 2002 (New Year's Eve on the Lunar Calendar)

(Note: Bai Xiaojun passed away as a result of the persecution on July 18, 2003, while he was imprisoned in Chaoyanggou Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. Details about the torture death of Xiaojun can be found from


His brother, Bai Xiaohua, was also being persecuted and suffered various forms of torture. He was imprisoned in Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing. Their mother is also a practitioner. She was injured from being beaten by police when she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. Now the whole family is broken apart. The mother has nowhere to go to appeal for justice.