Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Facts of the Persecution Committed Against Falun Dafa Practitioners at the No.2 Detention Center of Fushun City in Liaoning Province

August 05, 2003 |  


I am a Falun Dafa practitioner from Fushun City, Liaoning Province, and I was jailed at the No. 2 Detention Center in Fushun City for 8-9 months. During that time, the evil ones illegally tried and sentenced me to 6 years in prison. I personally witnessed the persecution against Falun Dafa practitioners that took place there.

There were a total of about 40 to 50 Falun Dafa practitioners illegally detained at the No. 2 Detention Center of Fushun City. Most of them were sent to Shenyang's Dabei Prison after they were sentenced. There was a Falun Dafa practitioner named Wang Xiuxia (female) from Qingyuan County of Fushun who was persecuted to death at the detention center. Wang Xiuxia had been severely beaten before arriving. She went on a hunger strike to protest the treatment after she was sent to the detention center. The director and staff members in this detention center directed the prisoners to force-feed her viciously. She was handcuffed and put on a tiger bench [Practitioners are forced to sit on a small iron bench that is approximately 20 cm (6 inches) tall with their knees tied together. With their hands tied behind their backs or sometimes placed on their knees, they are forced to sit straight up and look straight ahead. They are not allowed to turn their heads, close their eyes, talk to anyone or move at all. Several inmates are assigned to watch over the practitioners and force them to remain motionless while sitting on the bench. Usually some hard objects are inserted underneath the practitioners' lower legs or ankles to make it harder for them to tolerate this abuse (see illustration on

http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/11/24/16156.html] by the ruthless policemen when she bravely stated that "Falun Dafa is wonderful." Due to the hunger strike, she became very thin and weak. However, the police continued to violently force-feed her and tie her to the tiger bench for days on end. Even after she was removed from the tiger bench, the guards insisted that her legs remained chained up. In order to support her, Falun Dafa practitioners went to talk to the director of the detention center, requesting that they stop force-feeding her and take the chains off her legs. The director pretended to cooperate with us at the time, but they still refused to take the chains off her legs. Therefore, all of the practitioners went on group hunger strike in support of Wang Xiuxia. The hypocritical facade of the evil ones was torn down, and exposing fully their evil natures. They brutally beat Falun Dafa practitioners, and even directed criminals to beat us as well. Some practitioners' ribs were broken. Some were rolling around on the floor, feeling excruciating pain from the beatings. In the end, the police had to stop their vicious behavior when the situation became critical. A few days later, Wang Xiuxia was carried out by two people. One of them was holding her two arms and the other was holding her legs.

We heard that she died next day. To cover up their crimes, the police called made several inmates write up false affidavits.

Even though some practitioners were in very poor condition due to the persecution, the detention center would not release them. I was illegally detained there for a long time. The evil policemen in at the center badly persecuted practitioners, providing them with terrible living conditions. More than thirty people were detained in one room which was only about 10 square meters in size. There was only enough room for people to sleep on their sides or sitting down. We had to get up at 6 a.m. in the morning and do hard labor until 8-9 p.m. Sometimes, we worked continuously for 12 straight hours. Our meals were composed of corn buns that weren't fully cooked, and 3 or 4 rotten pickles. The so-called vegetable soup was just broth without much nutritional value. Once a week, we were given buns made from refined wheat floor. But sometimes, they wouldn't even give us that. This long-term detention and persecution caused the practitioners' health to deteriorate [practitioners were also denied the right to practice the Falun Gong exercises]. When they got sick, the police took them to see a doctor to be examined, and even forced them to work making tooth picks. Once, when the pain was too much for me to endure, I asked to go to the clinic for a check-up. But the doctor at the clinic did not even examine me; he just gave me a few pills and said that it was a stomachache. I did not take the medication. The doctor didn't even examine me, and thus couldn't have known what was wrong.

A few days later, all the practitioners who had been illegally sentenced were sent to Dabei Prison. During the physical examination, they found that fluid had accumulated in my chest and lungs. One lung was full of fluid, and the other also had some. I could not be treated by receiving infusions anymore. Dabei Prison refused to accept me. The detention center tried to force me to take vitamins. I refused. Then, they tried to make me sign a statement, saying "Falun Dafa practitioners who refuse to take medications accept responsibility for the consequences." Again, I refused. I told them, "I am not going to sign this. My condition is the result of your detention." They released me two days later.

July 24, 2003