Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Persecution Ms. Huang Lisha Endured Before She Was Tortured to Death (Photo)

May 23, 2003 |  


Ms. Huang Lisha, a 35-year-old Dafa practitioner, was a cadre in Yangcunpu Coalmine in Longchi Town, Emeishan City, Sichuan Province. Her ID was confiscated after July 20, 1999 when Jiang's regime started the persecution of Falun Gong.

What follows is an account of the persecution Lisha experienced.

Lisha used to suffer from arthritis, and while she was bearing her child, she developed symptoms consistent with cancer. Even though she looked everywhere to find a cure, nothing was effective in treating her illnesses. In 1996, she was fortunate enough to obtain Dafa. From then on, she set strict standards for herself according to the principle of "Truthfulness-Benevolence-Forbearance." After a short period of time, her illnesses went away and her skin shone with a rosy complexion.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang's regime started persecuting Falun Gong. Lisha wanted to tell her experience to people and to validate that Dafa is a righteous way, so she went to Beijing twice and to the provincial government once with fellow practitioners to appeal. She told the officials that Falun Dafa is good. Because she insisted on clarifying the truth, and was very determined in cultivation, she was dismissed from the Party and her was job suspended by her work unit. She was twice detained by the Emeishan City Police Department. In June 2000, she was sent to the Nanmusi Labor Camp in Zizhong City, Sichuan Province. In July 2001, she was transferred to Emeishan City Detention Center. In August, she was sent back to her work unit. When she returned, she was very weak and her face was pale. There were rashes and open sores all over her body. There were also marks on her face from being beaten.

After she returned, her work unit put her under surveillance 24 hours a day. She refused to write guarantees promising to give up her practice of Dafa and kept clarifying the truth to people who monitored her.

Even though she lost her freedom, she still took every opportunity she could find to clarify the truth. In order to prevent her from getting in touch with others, her work unit sent someone to live in her home to monitor her, forbidding her to leave. Three times, she requested her work unit to restore her freedom and arrange work for her to do. She also indicated that she would find a different job if her work unit still refused to do so. However, the leaders of her work unit not only did not give her work to do, but also put more pressure on her. At a work meeting held on July 9, 2002, they announced that she "can't say Dafa is good, can't get in touch with others, can't clarify the truth, and can't visit her neighbors." On the same night, she left her work unit and her whereabouts were not known. Her work unit stopped looking for her in early November and later told people that Lisha had died in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province.

Later it was discovered that Lisha passed away in Qingyang District Hospital in Chengdu City in late October 2002. Please see http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/5/5/35290.html for details.