Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioner Lin Zhiping Tortured to Death in Dabei Prison, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province

May 16, 2003 |  


(Clearwisdom.net) May 13th report: Dafa practitioner Lin Zhiping, male, 60 years old, lived in Xiayingzi Village, Zhuluke Township, Jianping County, Liaoning Province. He was given an illegal three-year prison term because he held a peaceful appeal in Beijing. On October 11, 2002, he was sent to the Dabei Prison in Shenyang Province where he was tortured to death on November 25. According to person(s) in the know, Lin Zhiping's skull was crushed and his arms were broken from the beating. The prison didn't allow his family to look at his body. Instead, they only let his family take a peek through the door, and soon after they cremated his body. Mr. Lin's body was clad in a prison uniform at cremation because the officials would not even allow his family to dress him in proper clothing.

Before obtaining Dafa, Lin Zhiping was suffering from terminal liver cancer, a diagnosis he received at Chaoyang City Hospital. Because he didn't have money for treatment, he went home and awaited death. In April 1999, he fortunately obtained Dafa. Soon after practicing, the symptoms of Lin Zhiping's illnesses disappeared and he became highly spirited. He could even work in the field and he grew healthier by the day. Because of this, he firmly believed in Dafa.

In September 2001, he was tricked to a brainwashing class held by agents from the "610 Office" at Jianping County Detention Center. He firmly refused to compromise and didn't cooperate with any of the evil's orders. After more than three months of illegal detention, he was sent to forced labor for one year. On February 9, 2002, he was sent to Chaoyang City Labor Camp for further abuse and mistreatment. At that time he had very high blood pressure, so the labor camp refused to admit him and he returned home on the same day.

In April 2002, Lin Zhiping went to Beijing to hold a peaceful appeal. He unfurled a banner he made himself that read, "Falun Dafa is good." He also shouted, "Falun Dafa is the righteous Fa," as well as "Gravest Injustice Done Unto Falun Dafa," and Beijing police arrested him. On April 18, 2002, Lin Zhiping was detained at the Yebaishou Detention Center in Jianping County. On September 21, 2002 he was illegally sentenced to three years in prison. On October 11, he was sent to the Dabei Prison in Shenyang City. On November 25, 2002, Lin Zhiping was tortured to death at the Dabei Prison. His family picked up the box of his ashes on November 27.

Dabei Prison is located in the northeast corner of Shenyang City. It is a complex consisting of several provincial prisons; among them are the provincial female prison, and the No. 1, No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 Prisons of Shenyang City. The No. 2 Prison is the most notorious one, as most illegally arrested Dafa practitioners in Liaoning Province are detained there.

Dabei Prison - the No. 2 Prison hotline: 86-24-88905236

Son Hui, Deputy Chief of the No. 2 Prison, Dabei Prison

Li Jianguo, Chief of Division 5, the No. 2 Prison, Phone number: 86-24-88092474 (O) 86-24-23217856 (H) 86-13940399208 (cell)

No. 2 Prison Address: No. 1 Xinsheng Street, Dadong District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, Zip code: 110044

Division 12 in No. 2 Prison of Dabei Prison (this is where most of practitioners are detained): 86-24-88092474

Other police include: political chief Li Xiangdong, guards Li Zheng, Wang Shihai, Zhang Lei, and guards Zhou, Gao, Zhang and Tong.