Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Tortured to Death: Practitioners in Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, Guangdong Province

May 13, 2003 |   By a practitioner in Guangdong Province who was jailed in the same camp



On March 28, 2000, a practitioner named Lai Zhijun, who was the assistant mayor and also the deputy director of the Peoples' Representative Council in Fenggang Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, was confined to the orientation group in Sanshui Forced-labor Camp in Guangdong Province. He persisted with his practice of the Falun Gong exercises in the camp. For this, he was savagely beaten and shocked with electric batons. Afterwards he went on a hunger strike to protest. At the same time, practitioners Jia Guodong, Chen Jianguo and Xu Yongsheng also went on hunger strikes to demand the right to do Dafa exercises, and were also beaten and shocked to various extents. Later on, all of them other than Lai Zhijun were moved to other groups. For insisting on doing Dafa exercises, Lai Zhijun was beaten and shocked constantly, and was persecuted to death in a few days. A policeman named Chen Ruihong who might have participated in the persecution himself (he was later transferred to another team) witnessed the persecution death of Mr. Lai. The secretary of the director of Sanshui Forced-labor Camp personally admitted that they killed Lai.

On June 15, 2000, practitioners Hong Haoyuan, Jia Guodong, and Zou Xigui in Group Three, Team Seven, went on a hunger strike to fight for their right to do Dafa exercises, and were beaten and shocked with electric batons. Jia was put into solitary confinement, where he was tortured with electric shocks until his whole body was bruised. Practitioners Huang Yutian, Chen Jianguo in Group Two also went on a hunger strike to support the practitioners in Group Three. They were stripped naked, forced to spread apart their arms and legs and were shocked with electrical batons. Chen was shocked with five electric batons at the same time, and Huang was shocked with nine, but they did not move a bit in the process. The whole matter stunned the police in Team Seven. Team Party Secretary Mr. Liu and team captain Kong Wenzhong were among those who participated in the persecution. They either directly or indirectly persecuted Hong Haoyuan, causing him to die from serious internal injuries.

In Team Five of the Third Division, which was a team designated for Falun Gong practitioners, those who refused to give up practicing Falun Gong would be treated especially harshly. They would be forced to clean up toilets, do physical training, and read materials that slandered Falun Gong. They were also sometime beaten or scolded, and sometimes put in solitary confinement. They would not be released even after the terms of their sentences had expired.

The police who participated in the persecution were:

Team captain Zhang Qingmei,

Deputy captains Wang Haiqing, Qiu Jianyun, Zeng Qingping, Lu Jinhu, Chen Reixiong, a Mr. He, Fan Qingping,

Division Three political director Shi Shan,

Division Three director Luo Chongming,

Sansui Forced-labor Camp political director Mr. Chen,

Camp director Mr. Ma,

administration department manager Mr. Huang,

and education department manager Mr. Chen.

Please refer to http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2001/5/25/10350.html for previous report on Mr. Lai Zhijun's death.

Please refer to http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/3/15/33323.html for previous report on Mr. Hong Haoyuan's death.