Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Practitioners Viciously Tortured in Wujiabao Forced Labor Camp

March 21, 2003



Thirty six-year-old Ms. Liang Suyun lived in the Shuncheng District of Fushun City. In March 2001, Ms. Liang was illegally arrested and sent to the Wujiabo forced labor camp. In April 2001, directed by prison guards, collaborators [former Falun Gong practitioners who have gone astray due to brainwashing and torture] beat her arms and hands violently with a wood plank for an entire night. The next day, her hands were enormously swollen and she could not move her neck. The next night she was again brutally beaten to the point where she simply couldn't bear any more and succumbed, with tears in her eyes, and signed something against her will. After she got out of the labor camp, she realized her true wish. She sent her 'solemn declaration' to every concerned organization, declaring that what she had been forced to sign under duress was null and void. She hung banners affirming that 'Falun Dafa Is Great' on all the streets. Later, she had to leave her home to avoid further persecution. In February 2002, after appealing in Beijing, Liang Suyun was again unlawfully arrested and brutally tortured. On March 17, 2002, she died from forced-feeding in General's Hospital.

Chen Jurong is a 46-year-old woman who lives in Qingyuan County. In April 2001, she was forcibly removed from her home and sent to the Wujiabao forced labor camp. She then went on a hunger strike to protest. In the brigade where Ms. Chen was detained were over 100 Falun Dafa practitioners. The leader of the brigade was Ceng Qiuyan. Ms. Chen was detained in a session under special tight control. The furious prisoners tortured her with "Riding An Airplane"*, by forcing her to stand for extended periods of time, and by depriving her of sleep. After 7 days, they began to force-feed Ms. Chen, twice a day. The collaborators pinched her nose and pried her mouth open with a steel spoon. Her nose became swollen due to the brutal pinching. Ms. Chen Jurong almost collapsed every time after she was force-fed, yet despite her situation she was still tortured with other means. Since she was detained in the labor camp, she has not once been allowed to sleep on a bed. The collaborators would often hang her upside down, and her body became covered with blue and purple bruises due to the pinching. Her face was whipped until it became a dark purple color and badly swollen beyond recognition, and then they tortured her into unconsciousness. Even in such a physical state, brigade leader Ceng Qiuyan was still asking the collaborators to guard her while they forced her to stand. Under such abuse, Ms. Chen became emaciated. The cruel daily forced-feeding, sleep deprivation, and other tortures ended up causing Ms. Chen to lose the ability to walk, and it was only then that the shameful police finally sent her home. Her lower body is still paralyzed to this day.

Ms. Liu Yanqin, 48, lives in Qingyuan County. She suffered from tortures resembling those meted out to Ms. Chen Jurong. She was sent to the labor camp twice, and both times she went on hunger strikes to protest. She was only sent home after she was tortured nearly to the point of death. After Ms. Liu had been hunger striking for a month, brigade leader Wu Weiyong kicked her in the face with hard-edged boots, severely bruising her face and causing her eyes to fill with blood. In one of the most brutal examples of her mistreatment, over 30 people took turns pinching, beating, and stabbing her with needles.

Mr. Yao Yanhui, 27, lives in Huludao, Liaoning Province. In April 2001, Mr. Yao was arrested and forcibly taken to the women's brigade of the labor camp and subjected to brainwashing by female collaborators. Under the direction of the brigade leader Chen Linghua, the collaborators tied Mr. Yao's legs together with a rope, his two arms were tied from behind, his arms and legs were tied together and he was suspended from the top rails of a bunk bed. His body hung in the air in the shape of an arc. He was in so much pain that he could not stop screaming. The wicked people asked him if he still wanted to practice Falun Gong. Mr. Yao Yanhui nodded his head. The evildoers continued to hang him there until he passed out, and such cruel torture led to the degeneration of his leg muscles and paralysis of his lower body.

27-year-old Mr.Wang Zhongyuan, is an employee at Xinfu Steel Inc., Fushun City. Female collaborators took turns torturing him for long periods of time. Wang Xiaohong sat on his body and choked him. The rest of the 20 collaborators pinched other spots all over his body. Song Changn stabbed Mr. Wang's fingers and toes with a steel needle. After six days of torture, Mr. Wang wrote a "guarantee letter" against his own will, declaring that he 'gave up practicing' Falun Dafa. Since it was done under duress and did not represent his true wishes, Mr. Wang Zhongyuan later submitted a 'Solemn Declaration', voiding the previous forced assertion, and expressing his intention to continue his cultivation. He was later sentenced to three years in a forced labor camp. He is currently detained in the Wujiabao labor camp, Fushun City.

Note: *Riding an airplane: In this torture, the head is bent down until it cannot go down any further, while the hands are pulled up and held up to the highest point. The hips have to point up. One is forced to keep this position unchanged for a long time. The body in this position looks like the shape of an airplane, which is how this torture gets its name.