Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Shanghai Dafa Practitioner Mr. Lu Xingguo Tortured to Death by the Qingpu Third Labor Camp

November 07, 2003 |  


Mr. Lu Xingguo was a 45-year-old Dafa practitioner who lived in Pudongxin District, Shanghai. He was a kindhearted, honest, and sincere person. He started work in 1977 after graduating from junior high school. In 1980, he served as party secretary in the local party committee. In 1996, he obtained Dafa and started cultivation practice.

Since July 1999, Jiang's gang has been persecuting Falun Gong in a frenzy. Just because Lu Xingguo insisted on reading Falun Gong books and doing the exercises, he was arrested, beaten, and jailed on a number of occasions. In March 2001, he was arrested again and jailed in the Dafeng Farm (a labor camp) of Jiangsu Province for one-and-a-half years before he was released in September 2002.

According to news from Shanghai, the police in Pudongxin District suspected that Lu Xingguo had participated in making Falun Gong truth-clarification materials, so on March 13, 2003, they dispatched over one hundred policemen to his home to arrest him. Lu Xingguo was able to get away that day; however, he was forced to leave home and go from place to place to avoid arrest. Two months later, Lu Xingguo returned home, but he was reported to the police. As a result, the district police took him away from home at around 7:00 p.m. on May 5. After being detained at the Zhangjiang Detention Center for over a month, Lu Xingguo was sentenced to three years of forced labor education and sent to Qingpu Third Labor Camp in Shanghai.

While in detention, because Lu Xingguo refused to give up his belief, he was subjected to brutal torture. On September 22, when his mother, also a practitioner, came to visit him, he told her that he had refused the forced labor for a month to protest the illegal persecution.

On October 16, 2003, Lu Xingguo's wife, daughter, and elder brother were suddenly summoned to the Qingpu Drug Rehabilitation Center. As soon as they arrived there, they were separated and sent to different rooms where dozens of police conducted a so-called "talk" with them, when in fact, the police were intimidating them. Only then did the family learn that Lu Xingguo had died. Yet the police deceived the family by claiming that he died of some illness. They did not allow the family to check the body. On the 17th, the police informed Lu Xingguo's brother to come sign the death certificate. His brother requested the reason for his brother's death. While trying to make up a reason, the police couldn't justify themselves. But still the police didn't give the family any chance to take a look at the body. They hurriedly cremated the body the next day.

On the 18th, over 60 policemen were stationed in the crematory to guard the body. When the family arrived, the police had already put clothes on the body. Still they did not allow the family to look at the body.

According to an eyewitness account, Lu Xingguo's face was nearly beyond recognition. There was no skin on his lip. All his teeth were gone. The skin near his ears was wrinkled. His hair was erect. There was blood on his neck and there were many marks on his body suggesting electric shocks.

Lu Xingguo was survived by his 60-year-old mother, a disabled and bedridden father, a wife, and a daughter of school age.

When someone called the Pudongxin District Police Department (86-21-50614567) and inquired about this incident, both a woman and a man who answered the phone did not admit to the above information, but they did not deny it either.