Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Updates on Liu Chengjun's Physical Condition and How He Was Shot and Abducted

November 02, 2003 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) On October 27, 2003, Mr. Liu Chengjun was transferred to the Jilin Province Prison Administration Bureau Central Hospital, also called the Police Hospital or Labor Reeducation Hospital in Changchun City. This hospital is known for persecuting Dafa practitioners. Another Dafa practitioner, Wang Guiming, from Tonghua City, was also taken away and transferred. He was severely tortured and developed lung problems, water accumulating in his chest. He was taken away in a wheelchair.

Although Liu Chengjun's family tried their best to stop the perpetrators, the prison authorities were very callous in his treatment. It rained at the time of transfer. Liu's family asked to go with him to the Police Hospital, but the prison authorities refused.

On March 23, 2002, the day prior to Liu Chengjun's illegal arrest, he called a fellow practitioner who was already arrested, but Liu Chengjun didn't know that. When he sensed something was wrong, he turned off his cell phone.

The next day Liu's cousin placed a call with this same cell phone, and as a result the police were able to locate Liu Chengjun. They went to his aunt's home in Songyuan City, where he was at the time. When the police arrived there was no time to escape, so Liu Chengjun hid in a pile of firewood. The police couldn't find him, so they cruelly beat his cousin, who couldn't bear the torment and revealed that Liu Chengjun was hiding in a stack of firewood. The police burned down a pile of firewood but didn't find him, and they again beat his cousin, who reluctantly pointed out the pile under which Liu Chengjun was hiding. The police lit the wood on fire in an attempt to force him out, but he didn't come out. The police was afraid that if Liu Chengjun were burned to death, their superior would blame them, so they dragged him out of the pile. His face, buttocks, the back of his hands and feet were injured, especially the back of his hands. The police stripped off all of his clothes except his underpants. The police handcuffed and shackled him. One officer pulled out a gun and shot him twice in the thigh, shouting, "Now where are you going to hide?" Another police officer shouted hysterically, "Beat him to death!"

The police threw Liu Chengjun in a minivan and handcuffed him to the back seat. Half way to the destination, an accident happened. The officer who shot Liu Chengjun suffered seven broken ribs. The police spread lies afterwards, claiming that Liu Chengjun fought to gain control of the steering wheel and attacked the police. Liu Chengjun was severely injured and handcuffed to the backseat, how could he have possibly fought for the steering wheel?

On March 24, 2002, Liu Chengjun was sent to Jilin Province's Police Hospital. His hands were stretched out and cuffed to both sides of the bed. In April, the perpetrators opened Liu's handcuffs as a group of people tried to videotape him. A journalist asked Liu Chengjun to "promote the Fa" to her. How ridiculous! If they allowed truth clarification, why did they arrest him in the first place? Liu Chengjun recognized their scheme and refused to cooperate. Maybe they hoped to videotape him talking and superimpose words to frame him.

Afterwards, the head of the Prison Affairs Section at the hospital felt Liu Chengjun was not "behaving well," so he put shackles on his feet. After May 1, 2003, Liu Chengjun was transferred to the Tiebei Detention Center. The police there wanted to extract a confession from him, so he was tortured with the Tiger Bench for 52 days. The extent of brutality was beyond imagination.

At the illegal trial held by the authorities, fifteen Dafa practitioners shouted, "Falun Dafa is good!" Their voices resounded throughout the courtroom. They dragged the practitioners to a backroom and savagely beat them. ("Falun Dafa Practitioners Alleged to Have Interrupted TV Programming Stand Firm and Are Tortured in Court," please see complete story at: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2002/12/9/29522.html) Liu Chengjun was carried into the court. Some practitioners were too weak to stand up and were supported by two police officers, but their righteousness still shocked the evil. One police officer passed out in court. The audience mainly consisted of legal, judicial workers and public prosecutors. After the unconscious police officer was carried out, the police started to change shifts every five minutes, and later every two minutes. Newly arriving police officers continuously replaced the old ones, group by group. The evil could hardly hold up in this field of righteousness. Liu Chengjun was illegally sentenced to 19 years in prison and sent to the Jilin City Prison in Jilin Province, also called the Jilin No. 2 Prison in Jilin City.

On October 21, 2003, Liu Chengjun's family received a notice, saying that he was barely alive and was being hospitalized. When they rushed to Jilin City Central Hospital, they found him at the brink of death. His body was covered with injuries, and he couldn't recognize some of his family members. He lapsed in and out of consciousness. When he came to, he recited Teacher's poem "Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions",

"A Great Enlightened Being does not fear hardship
Having forged an adamantine will
And with no attachment to living or dying
He walks his path of Fa-rectification openly and nobly"

He asked his family to treat the inmates who took care of him with kindness.

On October 27, 2003 Liu Chengjun was sent to the notorious Jilin Province Police Hospital.