Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The "610 Office" and Detention Center in Shuangyashan City in Heilongjiang Province Torture Falun Gong Practitioners

November 17, 2003 |  


[The"610 Office" is a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches.]

Torture Committed by "610 Office" and Detention Center in Shuangyashan City

At around 8:30 a.m. on April 22, 2003, two policemen, along with Du Zhanyi from the"610 Office" in the city's police department, illegally arrested male practitioners Zhang Hongbo and Guo Hui. In the afternoon, policemen Du Zhanyi and Liu Weiguo took Zhang Hongbo to an office and started to beat him. Du punched Zhang's stomach until he could not stand. While pulling Zhang's hair, the two police then beat his face and neck. Then Du hung Zhang by handcuffs while forcing his legs open and stepping on Zhang's knees, and Liu was pressing down on Zhang's head.

On April 22, 2003, Du Zhanyi and Li Hongbo took other policemen to arrest female practitioners Zhao Yuhua and Sun Ruyan (less than 18 years old). At the "610 Office," they interrogated Zhao at night and abused her. Li Hongbo loudly cursed, threatened, and slapped her all night long.

On April 23, they sent the above four practitioners to the detention center.

On June 10, 2003, Bai Shuwen, the director of the detention center, forced Wang Lihua into a metal chair designed to inflict pain with its shape and rough edges, because she practiced Falun Gong exercises. In order to resist the persecution, on June 11, the practitioners refused to wear the prison uniforms.

Bai Shuwen and guard Zhu Yaru whipped practitioners Zhang Hongbo, Zhao Yuhua, and Sun Ruyan. They forced Zhang to sit on the metal chair for four days and three nights. Zhao told them that she could not be put on the chair because she had heart disease. Xu Enjiang, a detention doctor then yelled, "We will just bury you if you die." Then he forced her to sit on the chair. At around 1 p.m., Zhao had a heart attack. Since then, she often had heart problems and could not take care herself until the end of June. At around 8 p.m., Sun escaped from the metal chair. However, the next morning, Bai Shuwen chained her and put her on the chair again, where she sat for a total of four days. The police began cuffing the practitioners' feet so that they could not escape from the chair.

In 2003, the police arrested and beat practitioner Zhang Xinghua at Yonghong Police Station. Police Li Hongbo and Liu Weiguo stripped him naked, cuffed his hands and feet, and pinned down him under a chair, leaving him lying on the freezing cement floor. They continued to beat him. When this failed to force him to give up his belief, they shocked him for several hours, even on his private parts. At night, the police sent him to the detention center. Several days later, policeman Lin Zhiwei interrogated Zhang with torture. Lin cuffed Zhang's hands and feet, hung him up and brutally beat him for 40 minutes. Then they tortured him by forcing him to sit on the ground with legs stretched out while they stepped on his head, forcing his head down onto his legs for 30 minutes.

On June 18, 2003, police officers, including Du Zhanyi, tortured male practitioner Ji Songshan to death.

Deng Chunying is in Critical Condition from Torture

At around 12:50 p.m., on June 23, 2003, another tragedy took place at Shuangyashan Detention Center. Police officers, including Du Zhanyi, started to beat and torture practitioner Deng Chunying from cell no. 18.

They slapped her face with their hands and shoes. They cuffed her hands behind her back and hung the cuffs from the edge of a table. They forced her to sit on the floor. Then Du beat Deng's soles with a wooden board and knocked her head against the wall. Deng passed out after three hours of torture. At around 4 p.m., detention doctor Xu Enjing ordered an inmate to carry her back to the cell. She had marks all over her body, hands, feet and face. When Deng finally woke up, she could not move her extremities and could not take care of her daily needs. She only had two bowel movements in the next month with great pain from her injuries in the rectal area.

On June 30th, the detention center informed Deng's family that they could visit her only after paying a 1000-Yuan bribe. [The monthly salary for an average Chinese urban worker is about 500 Yuan]. Upon seeing how their daughter suffered from these inhumane tortures, Deng's parents were heartbroken.

Deng's cellmates had to feed and wash her. She also needed to be carried to the toilet by two people so that she would not fall. Between July 18 and 27, she could not eat anything for eight days and vomited blood twice. After her family strongly protested, the police finally sent her to the city's hospital on July 27. She received 24 units of intravenous medicine. Bai Shuwen brought a torture tool, which is used to punish inmates with a death sentence, to the hospital and prepared to use it on Deng. Now Deng's family members are staying with her day and night.