Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

More About the Persecution and Death of Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Li Shuhua in Jilin Province

November 13, 2003 |   By Dafa practitioner in China

(Clearwisdom.net) Li Shuhua (female), thirty-two years old, lived in a house facing Laoyou Factory on Peiying Street in Yushu City, Jilin Province. She was a mother of two young children and was tortured to death by local police around the time of the National Day holiday in 2003.

Around 9 a.m. on September 24, 2003, policemen Li Mingchao, Jiang Wei and other police officers from Peiying Street Police Station in Yushu City came to Li Shuhua's home and forcibly took her away. The family was waiting for her to return home for two days, but it never happened. On the morning of September 26, a policeman showed an arrest warrant to her family without giving any reason or detention term. On October 8, her father went to the Public Security Bureau and asked them to release her. However, the receptionist not only refused his request, but also refused to allow him to see her, using the excuse that Li Shuhua refused to talk. Actually Li Shuhua had been tortured to death on October 7. The police just wanted to hide the truth.

On October 9, just 16 days after Li Shuhua had been forcibly taken away from her home, three people from the National Security Department of the Public Security Bureau came to her house and told her father, "Your daughter passed away." The old man could not believe what he had heard and tears ran down his face. He lamented and indignantly asked them how this could have happened, but the three people said nothing and turned around and left. After Li Shuhua's relatives came together from different areas, they decided to go to the Public Security Bureau to find out what caused her death. The police from the Public Security Bureau said, "On October 6, Li Shuhua was taken to the Chinese Medical Hospital. When she was able to talk, she was taken back to the detention center. She died the next day." Some people from the Court said, "The Public Security Bureau, the "610 Office," the Political Committee and the Court in Yushu City all united to say that Li Shuhua died of hunger." ["610 office": a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches].

When the families saw her body, it did not look like she died of hunger at all. Even though her face had a lot of make-up on it and her clothes had been changed, they still could see that there were bruises on one side of her face and there was broken skin on two places on her face. One side of her skull was caved in and there were some lumps on the back of her head. Besides that, she was extremely thin. After dissecting her body, the coroners found over 5 kilograms of blood in her abdominal cavity. The blood hadn't congealed and it was still liquid. The coroner claimed that the blood was menstrual blood. Anyone with any medical knowledge would know that this was a lie intended to deceive the family. The family doubted the reason given as the cause of her death, so they wanted to take some pictures of her body. The Public Security Bureau not only refused to allow the family to take pictures of her, but also had the police watch her body until her cremation.

Li Shuhua had a happy and peaceful family of six members. Besides her father, Li Shuhua's mother, her husband and two children all practiced Falun Gong. Since the persecution of Falun Gong began in1999, the happy family has been persecuted and was broken apart. Her husband Yang Zhanjiu has been illegally held at a detention center by the authorities of Yushu City Public Security Bureau since August 2002. Her mother, Cui Zhanyun, was sentenced to one year and six months to "reeducation through forced labor" and now she is still illegally held at Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City. Since her husband and her mother had been illegally locked up, she was the only one supporting the family by working as a seamstress. Although she needed money to support her family, she never overcharged people. She liked to help people and thought of others first in whatever she did. The neighbors all praised her. Now Li Shuhua has been tortured to death and only her partially disabled father and two young children are left in the family's home. They have nothing to depend on for their living expenses.

So far, six Falun Gong practitioners have been tortured to death in the small city of Yushu. The tragic events that befell Li Shuhua and her family are strong evidence that Jiang's gang was behind this crime.

The telephone numbers of the authorities and persons who are responsible for her death:

Yushu City Political Committee in Jilin Province:

Zhao Mingrui: 86-431-3635235(w); 86-431-7221921(h)
Wang Guijun: 86-431-3622223(w); 86-431-3660266(h)

Yushu City Public Security Bureau in Jilin Province:

Fan Hongguang: 86-431-3630472
An Qifan: 86-431-3643101
Ma Ming: 86-431-3639266
The telephone number of Yushu City Court in Jilin Province: 86-431-3622168

Yushu City Procurator in Jilin Province:
Bian Qinglin: 86-431-3623379
Qi Zhuang: 86-431-3647555