Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Ouyang Ming, the Most Outstanding Teacher of Huangguang Industry School in Hubei Province is Persecuted Unmercifully and Tortured to Death

October 04, 2003 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) In the afternoon of August 20, 2003, Ouyang Ming, the most outstanding teacher of Huangguang Industry School was tortured to death for his persistence in practicing Falun Gong. We will recount his suffering from between January 2000 and August 8, 2003.

In 1994, Ouyang Ming attained Falun Dafa and benefited greatly mentally and physically from his practice. He worked tirelessly and conscientiously and held no wish for personal gain and fame. Because of this, his students genuinely loved him. At home, he took utmost care of his sick mother, who had been paralyzed for many years. He not only carried his mother to the bathroom whenever it was necessary, he also bathed her daily, and helped her turn over in bed at night. He was so busy that he stayed up until one or two o'clock in the morning and never complained about it.

January 15, 2000, was the beginning of the school's winter break. He decided to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa to the government and to tell them that Falun Gong was good for the nation and the people. He wanted to tell them about his six years' experience of cultivating in Dafa. Therefore, he traveled to Beijing. The officials at the state appeals office wouldn't listen to what Falun Gong practitioners had to say, but turned it into a place where the police could easily arrest Falun Gong practitioners. Since he saw no other recourse, Ouyang Ming went by himself to Tiananmen Square to practice Falun Gong. He was arrested and taken to the First Detention Center of Huangguang, where he was held for over a month and suffered inhuman torture. The criminals not only cruelly beat him every day but also urinated on his face after forcing him to crouch down. As soon as he arrived at the Detention Center, he was tortured through many cruel methods. For example: "hammer of the heart"(he was forced to lean against the wall while the criminals repeatedly punched his chest near his heart until they were exhausted); "roast meat"(they continuously punched his face until it looked like roasted meat); "roast pig feet"(they hit his fingers and toes with heavy tools); etc. Even after being beaten, he was forced to stay in one position for a long period of time without moving. He had suffered through all of "the 108 cruel torture methods" that the criminals had told him about. This damaged his physical condition seriously.

The mental torture he suffered was not easier. For example, he asked to see his mother for one last time when she was dying. The "610 office" of Huangguang City and the Public Security Bureau refused. Li Ming, the head of the Police Station transferred Ouyang Ming to the violent criminal section because he persisted in cultivating Falun Gong, and incited the criminals to beat him savagely. His face became unrecognizable due to the beatings. His face was beaten so badly that the bleeding couldn't be stopped for over two hours. His whole body was swollen, the skin ruptured and the flesh burst. Later on, his hands and feet were shackled separately. Additionally, the police put a third set of handcuffs through the two shackles (with a total weight of about 70-80lbs). Since he was unable to stand upright, he had to crawl. Ten days later, the police removed the shackles. After he was released from the Detention Center, he had the opportunity to leave China with the help of his brother who already lived abroad. However, since Falun Dafa was still not vindicated in China, he decided to remain in China to continue to clarify the truth about Falun Gong to the government and the people.

From April 2000 to May 2000, Huangguang City initiated a brainwashing class. Employees of his school and the public security officers took Ouyang Ming forcibly to the Lukou Militiaman Training Center, where he suffered severe physical punishment and was forced to listen daily to articles slandering Dafa. When he didn't cooperate, he was forced to stand in the burning sun or run for a long time. The officials used many unprincipled tricks to coerce Dafa practitioners to sign their names on The "Repentance Statement"[In this statement, the practitioner is forced to admit remorse for practicing Falun Gong, promises to give up Falun Gong, and to never again associate with other practitioners or go to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong]. If a practitioner didn't sign his name, six or seven strong guys would force him to do things shaming Dafa and the Master. Ouyang Ming was threatened and coerced to sign his name on the "Repentance Statement" by seven people who were employees of the "610 office" ["610" refers to a "610 office", a bureau specifically created by the Chinese government to persecute Falun Gong. It has absolute power over each level of administration in the Party, as well as over the political and judiciary branches], the Political and Judiciary Committee, the Section No.1 of the Public Security Bureau, and his school. After he refused to sign, they handcuffed him, took all his clothes off and forced him to shame Dafa and the Master. In order to avoid shaming the beloved and respected Teacher and to get away from the building, he jumped from the second floor. He was sent to the hospital. Both of his anklebones were shattered and his caudal vertebra was broken. Even then Zhou Yuhua, the head of Section No.1 of the Public Security Bureau, came to the hospital twice to coerce and threaten him to give up practicing Dafa. After leaving the hospital, he was unable to walk normally.

His name was regularly found on the police blacklists, because he continued to practice Falun Dafa firmly and steadfastly. He was young and good with computers. The Public Security Bureau had spent a lot of money, manpower, and equipment to track him. One day in November 2000, a few people stopped Ouyang Ming and searched him. Then they beat him in front of a practitioner's house. He was arrested once more and was locked up for over a month because they found a few pages of truth-clarifying material about Falun Gong in his possession. One of the death row convicts was one of Li Ming's helpers. After Li Ming gave him an order, he punched Ouyang Ming's face, causing it to bleed immediately. At that time, Ouyang Ming, who was an outstanding teacher was fired by the school, because of pressure from the "610 office".

In May 2001, to ensure that other teachers were not deceived by the government anti-Falun Gong propaganda and that his colleagues would have a wonderful future, he went to Huangguang Normal School to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa, without thinking about his crippled legs. While doing so, he was reported to the authorities by an informer, so he was taken again to the First Detention Center. As soon as he arrived at the Detention Center, the criminals beat him cruelly and inhumanly. He went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. He was force fed twice a day and every time he was trampled under the feet of the five or six people who held him. They used all kinds of iron tools to pry open his mouth and cruelly feed him. Half of his front teeth were broken due to their opening his mouth forcibly. He was tortured by each one of implements of punishment that punished the criminals in the First Detention Center and he suffered extremely. Just listening to some of these torture sessions is chilling. During this time, Ouyang Ming's wife divorced him due to extreme pressure.

Ouyang Ming went on a hunger strike for seventy-eight days and he became only skin and bones. Even though he was on his last breath because of the torture, he was still illegally sentenced to one year of "reeducation through forced labor" at Wuhan Shizi Shan Drug Rehabilitation Center. He not only didn't recite the rules of the jail and say "report" but also didn't cooperate with the rogues. Therefore, he was beaten daily through the following methods: "digging the wall"(the head against the wall, between upper- and lower-body at a ninety degree angle) and "sticking the wall"(with the back leaning against the wall, a paper is held between the head and the wall, between the hand and the leg of each side of the body and between two legs; and one must not drop the paper). He was allowed to only sleep one or two hours daily, for a period of over fifteen days. One day the police played a video slandering Falun Dafa. Ouyang Ming refused to watch it. Instead, he recited Teacher's scriptures, wrote them down and handed them to other practitioners. Therefore, he was punished once more. The guard forced him to sit on a small stool without moving for over ten hours per day for twenty days. He sat so long that pus and blood came out of his buttocks. Later on, when the prison didn't have enough work to do in the daytime, Ouyang Ming was sent to the military camp. In the night, he was forced to sit on a small stool and only allowed to sleep a little. When the prison had work to perform in the daytime and he couldn't complete his tasks, they allowed him to sleep only one hour at night. In order to force him to give up the practice of Falun Gong, the police asked many people to brainwash him. As he had a deep understanding and a wide and profound knowledge, and as he had cultivated for many years, no one could persuade him. He continued to quote from Falun Gong books, providing strong evidence and fair and sensible reasoning. He helped some practitioners who had given up cultivating in Falun Dafa under the extreme pressure to cultivate again. Some policemen also understood that Falun Dafa is good. Even the psychologist told Ouyang Ming after long discussions that he respected him . Not only that, the criminals who tortured him under the police pressure also understood the truth of Falun Dafa. Because Ouyang Ming refused the persecution without cooperating with the police, the criminals got involved too, they not only didn't complain about it but also said: "We would accept the punishment for you Ouyang teacher by standing straight". It didn't matter what methods the police used to force him to give up cultivating in Dafa, their plans did not succeed. Ouyang Ming walked openly and legitimately out of the Shizishan Forced Labor Camp without reciting the jail rules and without writing the "Repentance Statement".

Ouyang Ming was often followed and disturbed by the people from the Public Security Bureau after being released from the Shizishan forced Labor Camp. In order to clarify the truth of Dafa, Ouyang Ming wrote a letter on the Internet and was subsequently abducted again and returned to the First Detention Center. This time he was held for over a year and was tortured both physically and mentally even more cruelly than before. The mental damage this time was worse. During that year, Dafa practitioners tightened their belts so they could send him clothing and food. They sent many things to him that included clothes for year-round, shoes, socks, daily life articles, soup, even money (about one or two thousand Yuan). Ouyang Ming never received any of these things. Ouyang Ming felt it was strange that no one visited him any more and he also asked the guards about this, but they lied to him by saying that no one cared for him. He suffered loneliness and a sense of helplessness for four hundred days and nights. Finally he had a chance to ask a criminal to pass a message to a practitioner asking that some underwear be brought to him. The criminal not only didn't pass the message to the practitioner but also fooled Ouyang Ming by saying: "She said she didn't know you". His body couldn't take any more of the cruel physical and mental torture. Since May 2003, Ouyang Ming continued having fevers, coughs, and could only eat a portion of rice about the size of an egg. He was very ill. Just then, the information that Ouyang Ming was being illegally sentenced to two years to "reeducation through forced labor" was made known.

May 15, 2003 was visiting day (before being sentenced, people are not allowed to visit), many practitioners and one of his relatives came to see him, but the police of the Detention Center refused to let them in, using SARS as the excuse. Although Ouyang Ming was very sick at that time, the police still told his visitors that he was fine. In June, Ouyang Ming's physical condition was so poor that he almost died (After being set free, he told people that if he had stayed only two more days in the Detention Center, he would have died. Zhou Yuhua, the head of Section No.1 of the Public Security Bureau had already revealed to someone that Ouyang Ming couldn't live much longer.). Under these circumstances, the police took him to Shayang Detention Center, but they refused to accept him because he was dying and there was a big hole in his lungs. Therefore, the police took him back to the First Detention Center. In the meantime the policemen of the First Detention Center began to worry that Ouyang Ming might die and they would have to take the responsibility for his death. They found Ouyang Ming's ex-wife and she took him to the Lung Disease Hospital in the city. After being examined, the diagnosis showed that his kidney function was non-existent; his liver function was seriously injured; he had heart disease, hepatitis B, a pulmonary cavity, diabetes etc. The doctor couldn't do anything for him because he couldn't take any medication (if he took one medicine, the medicine might be good for one part of his body, but would be bad for another organ). Four days later Ouyang Ming requested to check out of the hospital as the treatments hadn't worked. The police still came to disturb him by asking many questions. Soon after he came home, the policemen Zhou Yuhua and Chen Shuming broke into his home and continued to disturb him. Chen Shuming threatened him maliciously: " I will still take you back to the Detention Center", so ten days later, Ouyang Ming mentioned that he wanted to stay in a place where the police couldn't come to disturb him. He said that he was illegally held for years, that everyday his suffering had been terrible and that he might be tortured to death by persisting to cultivate. Therefore, Dafa practitioners rented a house for him and took care of him. Between the last ten days of July and first ten days of August, the policemen from The Public Security Bureau kept looking for him everywhere and spread word that they would not stop pursuing him. Due to his extreme mental and physical exhaustion, Ouyang Ming, the young and strong and outstanding teacher unfortunately passed away on August 20 2003.