Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Dafa Practitioner Ms. Jin Lifeng Was Persecuted to Death in Huludao City Detention Center, Liaoning Province

October 10, 2003 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Jin Lifeng, a 39-year-old English teacher at Bohai Ship Industrial School in Huludao City, Liaoning Province, benefited physically and psychologically after she began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. The practice of Falun Dafa freed her legs of paralysis. And for her hard work after cultivating "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance" she was awarded as excellent teacher several times. Once the persecution struck China in 1999, she was frequently detained for telling people the truth about Falun Gong. On August 14, 2001, she was kidnapped from her school by police and sent to Huludao Detention Center. During her hunger strike to protest the persecution there, she was brutally force-fed and killed on the eve of the Spring Festival of 2002.

Jin was born in Xindihao Village, Sierpo Town, Huludao City, on October 2, 1962. At College, she majored in Japanese and English language studies. After graduation, she became an English teacher of Yangjiazhangzi Town High School, where she was awarded excellent teacher many times for her outstanding performance. Later she transferred to Bohai Ship Industrial School, where her husband served as the provost. They had a happy family and successful careers.

However, at the age of 35, she suddenly had health complications after she gave birth to her son. A 2-finger-wide seam appeared on her spine and it led to the paralysis of her legs afterwards. She received medical treatment in Shenyang and Beijing, but it had no effect. She then said to the friends coming to look after her: "I will have to stay in bed and wait for death."

One year and a half after she was confined to bed, Jin fortunately got a new start in her life. Some fellow schoolteachers recommended Falun Gong to her, and she decided to give it a try. On the first day, her mother-in-law pushed her to a practice site in a wheelchair; she was helped by 2 people and had to take four rests along the way. The second time, she rested twice before arriving at the practice site. The miracle took place in the third day---she walked to the practice site by herself. Thus she started the cultivation of Dafa. She always told others that Dafa gave her a second life. After cultivation her state of mind changed greatly. At her job, she always asked to do the hard work others didn't like to do, and voluntarily helped to clean washrooms and garbage bins.

Since July 20, 1999, Jiang's clique has been using the media to slander Dafa and implementing brutal persecution on Dafa cultivators. After that, Jin was illegally detained several times simply because she told others: "Falun Dafa is good." On August 14, 2001, she was arrested again while she was teaching in school and was imprisoned in a detention center until she died. The wardens there pressured her to give up her belief and threatened to implicate her family if she refused. Under the pressure her husband had to divorce her. To make her renounce Dafa, the wardens threatened her further with infinite detention and they persecuted her physically. In the face of the unlimited persecution, Jin held a hunger strike. During the 6-day-long hunger strike, the wardens used all brutal means to force-feed her instead of stopping the physical persecution out of humanitarian consideration.

The news of her death came to her family during Chinese New Year, a traditional time for a family to have a reunion.

Jin's brother and sister-in-law went to the detention center. In the detention center Jin's sister-in-law questioned the head: "Why didn't you inform us of her failing health until she was dead?" The head lied: "We were not clear about your address." "But how could you come to arrest her previously?" she questioned again. The warden was unable to answer or think up another lie.

Upon seeing Jin's body, her sister-in-law and brother could hardly recognize her. Her previously healthy teeth had turned totally black. Her sister-in-law finally determined that it was indeed her once she spotted a birthmark on her neck. They could not help but cry out. When the personnel there came to stop them from crying there, her sister-in-law said: "She was killed here; why shouldn't I cry here?" To try to control the situation and stop the family from inquiring too much, the wardens read the regulations of the detention center to them. But Jin's sister-in-law refuted them right away and insisted on the point: "She died unnaturally here." Later the warden had to compromise and agree to bury Jin's body according to the relatives' requirement.


Jin Lifeng's award certificate and personal ID Her divorce proof (top) and arrest warrant (bottom) Divorce proof

Related telephone numbers:

Bohai Ship Industrial School: 86-429-2088701;

Huludao Detention Center: 86-429-3960813 (general reception), 86-429-3960806 (office of political instructor);

Police Department of Huludao City: 86-429-2170200.