(Clearwisdom.net) Liu Jiming, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Qingdao City, Shandong Province, was killed by the police on August 25, 2002. Before she died, the 61-year-old woman was savagely tortured by the policemen from Rehe Road Police Substation. After she went on a hunger strike, she was jailed in an iron cage for several days. The Reihe Road Police Substation notified Liu's family that she had died around 2:30 in the morning.
Liu Jiming lived at No.6 Yangxin Road, North District of Qingdao City. She once suffered greatly from many serious illnesses, which required her to have various prescription drugs on hand around the clock. After she began to practice Falun Dafa in the spring of 1996, however, she greatly benefited both physically and spiritually, and all her diseases disappeared.
After July 20, 1999, Liu Jiming went to Beijing several times to appeal for Falun Gong, and was detained at Dashan Detention Center in Qingdao City. After October 2000, to avoid the police persecution, Liu Jiming was forced to leave her home to avoid further persecution. On August 14, 2002, she was arrested by policemen from the South District of the city, and was sent to Reihe Road Police Substation in the North District two days later. Following that, she was sent first to a brainwashing center and then to Dashan Detention Center. However, both of these places rejected her because she did not pass the physical examination. The policemen of Reihe Road Police Substation tortured her by putting her in an iron cage for several days, attempting to force her to write a "guarantee" letter. Liu resolutely refused their senseless demands. To further persecute her, they sent her to Qingdao City Chinese Medicine Hospital. At that time, she had been on a hunger strike for eight days to protest against the persecution. On August 25, at around 10:30 a.m., Reihe Road Police Substation notified Liu Jiming's family that she had passed away at 2:30 in the morning. Due only to their insistence, her family members were allowed to see her body. It was mutilated and decomposed beyond recognition.
The police reported that she had jumped from the building to her death, but that is totally impossible. Those who know anything about Falun Gong will understand. Our brief analysis follows:
1. As a genuine Falun Gong practitioner, Liu Jiming had cultivated solidly. She understood clearly that Falun Dafa practitioners are prohibited from committing suicide. During her detention in the police substation, she had told her family members that the evil would not last long and that she was expecting to rejoin them with dignity one day.
2. Before Liu died, she had been on a hunger strike without food and water for eight days, and was physically very feeble. She would not have had enough strength to commit suicide.
3. When Liu was abducted to the Chinese Medicine Hospital, a security guard and another woman watched her around the clock. Under such close surveillance, there would have been no opportunity for her to jump out of the building.
4. The police testimony is inconsistent. The security guard said that when Liu was jumping from the building, he had tried to pull her back but was unable to save her by himself. However, the other woman said they were both trying to pull her back but failed. Even if Liu had wanted to jump, how could a strong, young security guard and a young woman together fail to pull back a feeble 61-year old woman that had been on a hunger strike without food and water for several days?
5. According to the police report, Liu Jiming jumped out of the building and died at 2:30 a.m. Then why did they wait until 10:30 a.m. to notify her family? What were they doing during those eight hours? From the decomposition of Liu's body, it is impossible that she died from jumping out of the building. Given the Jiang regime's mandate that "killing (Falun Gong practitioners) counts as committing suicide," it is probable that the police beat and tortured her to death, concocted a story, and then notified her family on a well-chosen Sunday morning that she had "jumped from the building and committed suicide." They probably thought that since most people are asleep at 2:30 in the morning anyway, no one would notice whether anyone really jumped from the building.
Though the truth of the circumstances surrounding Liu Jiming's death is still blocked, there will come a day for the truth to be revealed. We also hope the persons who know about her death will expose the truth and redress this cover-up for the sake of the deceased.
Those policemen who assist the dictator and disregard their own conscience in persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners will surely receive the final judgement of justice.
Those practitioners who read this news, please send forth righteous thoughts together to eliminate the evil elements in other dimensions that persecute Falun Dafa and practitioners. We hope all the governments, organizations and individuals of justice will please condemn and help to end the killing of kind-hearted Falun Gong practitioners by the Jiang regime.