Latest News From China - 08/02/2002
- [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Screen Footnotes on Qingdao Cable TV Reveal the Fears Jiang's Regime has about the Public Knowing the Truth of Falun Dafa
- [Hefei City, Anhui Province] 610 Office Plots to Arrest Dafa Practitioners
- [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] 610 Office Desperately Detains Falun Gong Practitioners and Sends them to Brainwashing Classes
- [Taonan City, Jilin Province] Politics and Security Department of the City Public Security Bureau Arrest Eight Practitioners and Send them to Brainwashing Classes
- [Xingtai Town, Hebei Province] The Collaborator's Crimes
- [Pin County, Heilongjiang Province] Daguojiatun Villagers' Wrongdoing Brings Hail in Summer and Destroys Crops
- [Zibo City, Shandong Province] "Snowing in Summer" in Linzi District
1. [Qingdao City, Shandong Province] Screen Footnotes on Qingdao Cable TV revealed the fears Jiang's Regime has about the Public Knowing the Truth of Falun Dafa
In March, Changchun practitioners successfully tapped into cable TV to clarify the truth of Dafa and break through Jiang's false propaganda slandering Falun Gong. For a long time afterwards, the Qingdao Cable TV displayed a small screen footnote, which read "If the TV signal is abnormal or interrupted, please call xxx immediately or contact Qingdao Cable TV, Tel.:xxx."
Changchun police and plainclothesmen are ordered to guard electric poles. Following the same pattern, currently all sub district offices and residence committees in Qingdao check the cable TV system every day fearing the public might get a chance to know the truth about Dafa.
2. [Hefei City, Anhui Province] 610 Office Plots to Arrest Dafa Practitioners
Starting from August 1 to September 30, the "610 Office" in Hefei City, Anhui Province will take an action to illegally arrest Dafa practitioners. Some practitioners have already been arrested.
3. [Huludao City, Liaoning Province] 610 Office Desperately Detains Falun Gong Practitioners and Sends them to Brainwashing Classes
Since April 2002, the "610 Office" has opened many anti-Falun Gong brainwashing classes in Lianshan district, the Zinc factory, Xingcheng city and Suizhong town. They hired collaborators who once practiced Falun Gong yet later were brainwashed in forced labor camps to persecute the practitioners. Each of the brainwashed ex-practitioners were paid 30 to 40 Yuan every day and offered lodging and dining. Every workplace was forced to send one practitioner over to the class. Moreover, the workplace had to pay the class 50 Yuan every day for a "brainwashing fee." Some practitioners' families were forced to send the practitioners to the class. Practitioners who refused to attend the brainwashing class, were illegally sent to forced labor camps.
4. [Taonan City, Jilin Province] Politics and Security Department of the City Public Security Bureau Arrest Eight Practitioners and Send them to Brainwashing Classes
In the afternoon of July 28, 2002, police from Taonan City Public Security Bureau of Jilin Province, led by Liu Jinwei, the head of Politics and Security Section, forcefully arrested eight practitioners. Among the practitioners, Liu Li was detained for more than twenty days in May. Liu Li was forcefully carried into a police car after police, led by Liu Jinwei, entered his home after jumping over the yard fence. Two months later, he was arrested again and sent to Da'an City brainwashing class.
Liu Jinwei's home phone: 86-436-6324296
5. [Xingtai Town, Hebei Province] The Collaborator's Crimes
Yu Juhong from Xingtai Town, Hebei Province, female, 29 years old, gave up her belief in Falun Gong in Detachment 304 of Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp last year. After being released, she actively went to brainwashing classes in Ren Town and Shijiazhuang to slander Dafa and spread lies. In July 2002, she used the excuse of sending Teacher's articles to practitioners in an attempt to deceive some practitioners' into trusting her; then she reported these practitioners to the authorities. She is an accomplice of local police who persecute practitioners.
Her home phone: 86-319-3969111
6. [Pin County, Heilongjiang Province] Daguojiatun Villagers' Wrongdoing Brings Hail in Summer and Destroys Crops
At the end of June and early July 2002, there was an unusual hailstorm in Daguojiatun, Ningyuan Town, Bing County, Heilongjiang Province. The hail was the size of eggs, and many crops were destroyed.
People in the neighborhood all said Daguojiatun villagers brought on the retribution. Some villagers did not know the truth of Dafa and often reported practitioners to authorities. Reporting one practitioner can get one a 500 Yuan reward from government. The money came from fines collected from arrested practitioners. The vicious people in the village reported practitioner Yang Wenhua from Yanshou County and another practitioner. Yang Wenhua was later tortured to death by Bing County and Yanshou County Public Security Bureau. Every practitioner was fined 4000 Yuan. Good deeds are rewarded with good and evil deeds provoke retribution. The hailstorm was just a warning. If those people still do not regret what they did wrong, what is waiting for them will be much more severe.
Around April 25, 2002, practitioner Chen Zihui was sent to Changlinzi Forced Labor Camp in Harbin City. He was sent to the labor camp in 2000 where the brutal treatment he received caused his body to be covered with scabies. In October 2001, he was released under surveillance. Practitioner Qu Xueying was arrested in 2000, detained in Wanjia Forced Labor Camp in Harbin on February 22, 2001, and released on August 20, 2001. This time Qu was sent to the Seventh Group of Wanjia Forced Labor Camp for a term of three years.
7. [Zibo City, Shandong Province] "Snowing in Summer" in Linzi District
On the afternoon of July 29, many residents at Linzi Chemistry Industry Shopping Center in Zibo City saw the snow falling down from the sky. Mr. Chu from the Marketing and Shipping Department of Qilu Oil Chemistry Company said that during the rain, he and many others working in the Chemistry Industry Shopping Center saw snow falling down, and it lasted for around five minutes. [Editors note: The term, "Snowing in June," is an old Chinese proverb meaning that something so brutal and outrageous has occurred that the heavens also want to show their strong displeasure by dropping freezing snow on the earth even in the summer as a token of punishment.]