Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Female Practitioner Song Cuiling Tortured to Death at Zhangjiakou Detention Center

June 21, 2002 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) Song Cuiling, female, 52, was a retired worker in Zhangjiakou City Coal-Powered Machinery Factory, Hebei Province. Since Jiang's regime started persecuting Dafa, she had gone to Beijing six times to validate Dafa. In October 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal. As a result, she was detained for one month and fined 10,000 Yuan. Not intimidated by the arrest and fine, she went to Beijing again to appeal at the end of December in 2000. She was arrested again and wasn't released until early March the next year after she went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal detention. On April 22, 2001, when she was still recovering, she and her fellow practitioners went to Beijing again on bicycles.

On August 19, 2001, a bunch of thugs from Mingdenan Police Station broke into Song Cuiling's house. She sent forth righteous thoughts to resist the arrest. The policemen then carried her from the sixth floor and took her to a brainwashing class. However, Song was able to get out of the brainwashing class after 7 days' hunger strike.

In order to offer salvation to people and clarify the truth, Song Cuiling visited all the streets and alleys in her city, and she also rode her bike to over 30 villages to distribute truth-clarification materials. Seeing that her work unit leaders were trying to persuade her to stop practicing Falun Gong, she went to their offices to clarify the truth, and sent truth-clarification materials and VCDs to their doorsteps. At the same time, she sent righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil factors that were controlling them. Later, her leaders, and her colleagues all changed their attitude towards Dafa.

On May 4, 2002, she and her fellow practitioners again went to Beijing to send righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil factors in other dimensions. Early next morning, she was taken away by Tiananmen policemen. The policemen used electric-shock torture on her, threatening her to give them her address and fellow practitioners' names. Excessive electric shocks left Song Cuiling incontinent. When she was sent back to Zhangjiakou Detention Center, her pants were all wet, and her arms and legs were black and blue.

Song Cuiling suffered inhumane torture at the Zhangjiakou Detention Center. Every morning at 6:00, she was carried to the courtyard and left out on the ground for a whole day. It was still pretty chilly in the morning in May in Zhangjiakou. By noon, she had to suffer the scorching sun. Song Cuiling had been on a hunger strike from the beginning of her arrest. By the 9th day of her hunger strike, she passed out. After she was in a coma for 3 days, the chief of Mingdenan Police Station, Song Quanlin, brought a doctor and a nurse to force feed Song. When Song Quanlin saw Song Cuiling lying on the ground, he said viciously, "It is her again. She's been arrested several times. Each time, she would fast and lie on the ground like this. It's all fake." He also exclaimed, "We can release all other people, however, we cannot release these 4 [referring to the 4 practitioners in his jurisdiction, including Song Cuiling]." The director of Zhangjiakou Detention Center Cui said, "Force feed her. Give her a checkup." The doctor went to feel Song Cuiling's pulse and said, "Her heart and pulse are all normal." Then they started to insert a tube into Song's stomach.

Song Cuiling was getting weaker and weaker everyday. They could not even force her to take water. She was soporific all day. From time to time, she would open her eyes, and one could read "determination [in cultivating Dafa]" in her look. The second day when she passed out, she developed bedsores. Since she lost control of her bowels and bladder, the bedsores never healed. She could not even put on her pants each day. The other Dafa practitioner who was jailed in Song Cuiling's cell once told the guard that Song was in imminent danger, but the director Cui said, "We are only responsible for guarding prisoners. We do not have the authority to release any of them. We can only inform relevant departments to come have a look."

At 9:00 a.m. on May 20, a prison doctor surnamed Liu asked a cell leader named Shi Jumei how Song Cuiling was feeling. Shi said Song was fine, then doctor Liu left. Near noon, the Dafa practitioner in Song's cell found that Song could not breathe normally. When she tried to feed Song some water, Song's head suddenly dropped. She hurried to touch her nose and found she was already dead. The time was 11:45 a.m. When the practitioner rang the bell to report Song's death, a guard named Ding and doctor Liu came in. Liu felt Song's pulse and said, "She's faking death." She then left. At 12:10 p.m., two criminal inmates came in and carried Song's body out. They waited on the second floor for a while, and then a car came in and picked up Song's body.

The second day the guard said that Song was in Hospital 251. In fact, Song had already died when she was carried to the hospital. In order to deceive the public, the police pretended that they tried to save Song's life until 12:40 p.m. The doctor said that, "the cause of Song's death is unclear." The police did not inform Song's family until 1:30 p.m. when Song's body was already in the mortuary.

The perpetrators who are responsible for Song's death:

The Beijing policemen

Liu XX (prison doctor at the Detention Center)

The cell leader Shi Jumei

Song Quanlin (the chief of Mingdenan Police Station in Zhangjiakou City)

Song Quanlin's home address: Rm. 201, Unit 2, 22 Jiaochangpo, Qiuxi District, Zhangjiakou City. Home phone: 86-313-2183862; cell: 86-8851198; office phone: 86-313-8072502.

Police Station Inner Line: 86-313-8687353