Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Report on the Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners in Daqing City, Heilongjiang Province, Part I -- Tortured to Death

December 14, 2002 |  

(Clearwisdom.net) From July 20, 1999 to now, in Daqing City alone, thousands of practitioners have been detained, hundreds sent to labor camps, several dozen illegally sentenced, and 12 were confirmed tortured to death. The following are the reports on the practitioners who have been tortured to death [confirmed cases only; there may be others unconfirmed].

  1. Li Baoshui, male, 39, a former volunteer contact person in Daqing. Before his death, he worked as an officer in the Labor Bureau of Daqing City. On July 22, 1999, he was detained in the Daqing City detention center for so-called "isolated interrogation" without any evidence of his having violated any law; no legal procedures were followed. On July 26, 4 days later, he was tortured to death. Even now, his family still doesn't even have anywhere they can inquire about his case. None of the officials will see them, and no one returns their calls.
  2. Cui Xiaojuan, female, 40, taught at the Police Training School in Daqing City. On July 22, 1999, she participated with a group appealing in front of the provincial administrative building. Later, she also went to Beijing to appeal. After she was brought back she was detained for 15 days, and because she refused to write a "Guarantee Letter," she was closely monitored at her workplace. On December 20, 1999, her father signed her name on a banner declaring, "Falun Dafa is Great," which was sent to the People's Congress. She was again sent to the detention center. Under extreme duress, and in order to escape from the long-term torture to her mind and body, she jumped from the fifth floor of the detention center and died immediately. Her husband, Xu Xiangdong, also a Falun Dafa practitioner, was unjustly sentenced to 12 years, without any evidence.
  3. Zhang Tieyan, female, 29. Following her graduation from a technical college, she worked as a technician in the Heilongjiang Petroleum Factory (former Lamadian Chemical Factory of Daqing City). On April 19, 2000, her work unit called her from her work to write the so-called "Guarantee Letter." Other people that were called from their work at that time included her husband, Yang Qing, Zhang Zhong and his wife. Three days later they were sent to the Ranghulu District Detention Center because they refused to write the "Guarantee Letter." On May 5, 2000, they were transferred to the detention center in Daqing City. After two weeks, they were still wearing their same work clothes. They were detained there without due process until August 11, 2000 when Zhang Tieyan died.
  4. Wang Bin, male, around 47, worked as a computer engineer at the Institute of Design, Bureau of Petroleum Control, Daqing City, and was the winner of a second class award in science and technology. He was arrested in 1999 for coordinating the collection of 284 signatures. He was sent to the Daqing Labor Camp after going to Beijing to peacefully appeal in May 2000. In the labor camp, he was beaten many times for refusing to write the "Guarantee Letter" to give up practicing Falun Dafa. On September 27, 2000, under the supervision of Feng Xi, the director of the second brigade in Daqing Labor Camp, four criminals beat him ruthlessly for a nearly an hour in front of over 40 people in the prison. This healthy living person was senselessly killed by the severe beating. The major blood vessels of his neck were ruptured, and as a result his neck was swollen due to excess bleeding. The torture was too cruel to watch.
  5. Ye Xiufeng, female, 65, was a family member of an employee at the No. 1 Control Station of the Daqing Petroleum Extraction Factory. She started to practice Falun Dafa in early 1995. In December 2000, she went to Beijing to validate Dafa, and as a result she was taken back to Daqing for detention. She went on a hunger strike as a means to protest the persecution. On the 45th day of her detention, the police sent her home so they could shirk responsibility in case she died. Nevertheless, the police continued to threaten her by various means. Her savings, about 1000 Yuan [The average monthly income in urban areas of China is about 500 Yuan; in rural areas it is about 200 Yuan], were seized by the police station, and she was left with no resources to live on. Her health became very weak due to the detention, and on March 18, 2001 she died.
  6. Niu Huaiyi, male, was employed at the 6th Plant of the Daqing City Petroleum Extraction Factory. Starting in August 2000, he was detained without any legal procedures at the Daqing Labor Camp, where he suffered immensely. He could not practice the Falun Dafa exercises, nor study the Fa, and his health deteriorated quickly. He was near death by April 2001. Afraid of taking responsibility, the labor camp sent him home, where he died within a month.
  7. Chen Qiulan, female. After she came back from appealing for Falun Dafa in Beijing, she was illegally detained in the Daqing Detention Center. Upon her release, she once again rejoined the effort to reveal the facts. In July 2001, when she was distributing truth-clarifying materials, policemen tailed her. She was arrested and again detained at the Daqing Detention Center. During the detention, she was tortured relentlessly, but the prison guards paid no attention to her health. Chen Qiulan was tortured to death at midnight on August 24, 2001.
  8. Zhang Weixin, female, 44, was a former employee of the Installation Company of Daqing City. She went to Beijing to appeal on August 26, 2001. On the 29th there was a call from Beijing asking for someone to take her back. On the afternoon of the 31st, the people who had gone to Beijing to get her said that she had died on the way back. Her body was cremated in Guobangzi, and the only thing that her grieving family received was her ashes.
  9. Lu Xiuyun, female, was arrested in early 2002. To protest the unlawful detention, she went on a hunger strike for over 50 days and was violently force-fed by the police. The cruel torture nearly killed her, yet she was later sent to a hospital. However, On February 22, when her life was still at risk, in order to shirk responsibility, the police forced her family to take her back home. By the time she was brought home, she was almost completely unresponsive. Her hands and head started to swell, and at about 9 o'clock on March 7, 2002, she died.
  10. Zhen Wenqin was an accountant of the Zhaoyuan County Art Troupe in Daqing City. On May 11, 2002, Zhen and another Falun Dafa practitioner, Feng Jinpo, were arrested in Daqing and sent to the Sa'ertu district police station. They were tortured there for three days before they were later taken back to the Zhaoyuan police station by the Administrative and Security Brigade. Four days later, they were sent to the Zhaoyuan County Detention Center. During this entire time, Zhen Wenqin had been hunger striking to protest the persecution. Three days later (May 22, 2002) in Zhaoyuan County Detention Center, Zhen Wenqin was killed by violent force-feeding.
  11. Shang Guangshen, male, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Zhaoyuan County, Helongjiang Province. At the beginning of 2002, he was arrested by Zhaoyuan county police and sent to a brainwashing center to force him to give up. In the brainwashing center, Shang Guangshen's health deteriorated quickly due to the vicious torture. He first spit up white foam saliva, then blood, until he was near death. The police still refused to release him. Only after several, repeated, written guarantees from his work unit and others, stating that he would no longer go to Beijing to appeal again, did the police release him. Three days after he went home, he died.
  12. Wang Shuqin, female, 63, was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Wolitun, Daqing City, Heilongjiang. Since the beginning of the persecution of Falun Dafa, she was arrested, detained, and sent to labor camps many times for clarifying the facts of the persecution. On July 24, 2002, policemen from the Wolitun police station forcibly broke into her house and arrested her husband and her in an inhuman manner. They even planned to sentence them without legal evidence. Sometime between July 24 and September 21, this healthy, open-minded, optimistic, and respectful elderly lady was deprived of her life.

December 6, 2002