Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Policemen Ruthlessly Persecute Falun Gong Practitioners at Deyang Prison, Sichuan Province

October 31, 2002 |  


Horrible crimes continue at Deyang Prison in Sichuan Province. Please see the following cases:

Falun Gong practitioner Pan Zhengguang of Group 2 always maintained that he was innocent despite being called a criminal. He was locked up for practicing the Falun Gong exercises. The police beat him up, handcuffed him, and they even shoved towels into his mouth to try and make him stop practicing. Five vicious criminals who are from the Committee of Activists were ordered by police to brutally beat Pan.

Other Falun Gong practitioners including, Cheng Yonghe did not give in despite all attempts by those who imprisoned them. One day in March the whole prison was under alert. They were dragged to the Strict Supervision Group where they had towels shoved into their mouths. During the next few months many things were done to them. They were not given enough food and other basic human necessities. They were forced to run 3 or 4 hours as punishment. They were also punished by being forced to stand straight under the sun for long and inhumane periods of time.

Here are some cases of individuals who were tortured for their belief in Falun Gong at the Deyang Prison. Mr. Xu Renwu is 73 years old. He is also a Falun Gong practitioner who would not give up his practice. For standing up for his basic human rights he was brutally beaten for over a dozen times. He was beaten to the point that his entire body was swollen. Cao Ping is another practitioner and he was brutally beaten by the police; they shattered some of his bones. He was sent back to prison with no option to obtain medical help.

Wu Mingshan was forced to stand straight for 48 hours. He was forced to work during the day. At night, the police surrounded him and brainwashed him with fabricated propaganda slandering Falun Gong. They also forced him to write a "guarantee letter" promising to give up his belief in Falun Gong.

In July this year, 17 policemen tortured 15 Falun Gong practitioners who were in Group Three of Deyang Prison. The police also forced other prisoners to torture practitioners. At least one police officer and two criminals supervised each Falun Gong practitioner. They were not given enough food and other basic human necessities. Practitioners were also forced into detention in isolation, which is cruel psychological torture.

Xu Changzheng and over 20 other Falun Gong practitioners were resolute in their statements of innocence. They were brutally beaten and were forced to stand in the hot sun. While being forced to run, Xu was beaten. As a result of the beating, his teeth fell out. He started a hunger strike as his only means to speak out against the torture.

The policemen in the prison also forced the criminals to participate in the persecution. Everyday they gathered all the prisoners to shout slogans that slander Falun Gong. Policeman Xu claimed that he knew how to perform every means of torture, he dared to use any means and would do anything to get the practitioners to stop practicing. On July 4, this policeman made the following public threat: "We need to carry out the policy and we need to kill 300 more. We will kill one after another. No one will be able to survive."