Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

Detailed Account of Fu Chunsheng's Death in Jilin City's

Jan. 17, 2002

January 11, 2002

Mr. Fu Chunsheng was a 51-year-old Falun Dafa practitioner. For appealing for justice in 1999, he was unlawfully sentenced to one year of forced labor. His term had been extended because he refused to renounce Falun Gong. He was finally released in September 2001. Later the police tried to send him to a brainwashing class. He firmly refused and was able to walk out of the police station after sending forth righteous thoughts. Then he returned home and continued to clarify the truth to people.

On the evening of December 28, 2001, Policeman Zhang Yuanren and two others from Jilin City's Fengman District Dachangtun Police Station, arrested him and took away all the Dafa materials found in his house. They sent him to the Fengman District Police Department the next day. Later that night they sent him to Jilin City's No.3 Detention Center.

On January 3, 2002, the detention center notified his family that he had died of a heart attack on January 1, 2002, at 11:50 p.m. Family members viewed his body on January 5. The condition of his body was horrendous and tragic. His whole body was black and blue and both ears were severely bruised. His head was dislocated to one side. His arms were twisted outwards (the position that indicated he had been tied up) and his head and face were badly maimed. There was blood in his mouth and cuts on his torso. His eyes remained open. Family members clarified that Fu Chunsheng was healthy and never had any heart problems. During his forced labor camp sentence in 1999, he had several physical exams. All results indicated normal heartbeat and blood pressure. After viewing Fu's body and witnessing suspicious reactions by the police, Fu's family have to ask: What are the police afraid of? What are they trying to cover-up?

  1. Why did the formerly healthy Fu Chunsheng, who had never had heart trouble, die of a "heart attack" two days after his arrest?
  2. Inconsistencies in the story of Fu Chunsheng's emergency rescue: Policeman #3 said that he was sent to the No. 222 Hospital at 11:00 p.m. on January 1 and died 20 minutes later. Policeman #4 said that the emergency rescue efforts continued until he died at 10:00 p.m. What really happened?
  3. Why did they not notify the family during the emergency rescue treatment? Why did they not notify the family immediately after his death? The police claimed that they went to Fu's home on January 2, but nobody was home. However, Fu's son had been home the whole day.
  4. When the family questioned why he had so many bruises and cuts on his body, the police argued that it is normal for people who died of heart attack to have bruises and cuts.
  5. Police claimed this his death is due to natural causes. But why did they refuse to return his body to the family, nor allow a picture to be taken? The police answered, "We don't allow you take pictures, in case you post them all over the place."

Based on all the above questions, the family formally requested the following:

  1. A detailed death report.
  2. The body cannot be cremated until the cause of death is clear. Jilin City's No.3 Detention Center will bear all the consequences if they cremate the body without the family's consent.

According to documents released by the Justice Department, detention center workers will be fired if they are found torturing and abusing Falun Gong practitioners. If anyone is found to have caused injury or death, the person will be prosecuted under item "Misprision and Bodily Harm" or "Misprision and Manslaughter" by the Criminal Law.

On behalf of Falun Dafa practitioners, their families and all the people of justice, we strongly demand that Jilin City's No. 3 Detention Center bring the murderers to justice immediately.

In China, Falun Dafa practitioners are under brutal persecution. We are urging all the human rights organizations and all kind-hearted people to pay attention to the current tragedy. Let's stop this bloody atrocity immediately.

Phone number of Liu Changjun, Warden of Jilin City's No 3 Detention Center: 86-432-2127007