Falun Dafa Minghui.org www.minghui.org PRINT

The Brutal Persecution of Falun Dafa Practitioners Inside the Dalian Reform Institution (Part 1)

September 03, 2001 |  


I, Ding Defu, male, 41-years-old (Date of Birth: 11/26/1960), was kidnapped and taken to the Dalian Reform Institution on August 4, 2000. I am a driver for the Dalian City East Second Electric Company. I live at 288-605 Huangpu Road, Lingshui Bridge, Shahe District, Dalian City. Before I was arrested, I did not have any illness. After torture I received at the Dalian Detention Center and Dalian Reform Institution, my whole body was covered with pus. Even up to today I have not yet completely recovered. During that same time, I was forced to participate in long, strenuous days of labor.

At 8:30am on July 6, 2000, Lin Hai, male, a 46-year-old police officer from Dalian City Heishijiao Police Substation and Gao Guangren, Party Committee Secretary of East Second Electric Company called on over ten employees of East Second Electric Company. They included Deng Yanping, Wang Fengying, Zheng Qingxiang, myself, and others. They attempted to make us give up practicing Falun Dafa. We did not sign any pledge.

On July 7, 2000, Lin arrested us -- Deng Yanping, Deng Yaxian, Ren Yazhi, Wang Jingying, Song Suqin, myself and others. With no legal grounds, he took us to Heishijiao Police Substation where we were illegally detained. At that time this Substation was illegally holding 24 Dafa practitioners. Later, again, without any legal ground, he sent Wang Jingying and me to a labor reform camp.

Dalian City Detention Center is located at Dalian City Gangzi District Yaojia site. I was detained for 28 days, and then was transferred to Dalian City Reform Institution on August 4.

When I was in Dalian City Detention Center, I was first detained in cell #6-6 of the sixth prison district. The area was about 40 square meters. There were a total of 30 some people in custody. The conditions were very bad. No one was allowed to brush their teeth, wash their hands, take a shower or do laundry. People with infectious diseases were not isolated. The water supply was often cut off and they would not even allow us to go to the bathroom. The food we ate was always mildewed. Family members were not allowed to visit. The prisoners were forced to do labor 10-15 hours every day with no break. The majority of the work the prisoners were forced to do was wrapping copper loops for all kinds of electronic equipment. There was a quota for each day, if the quota were not met the person would be sworn at and beaten. They only allowed us 2-4 hours of sleep per day.

On August 4, 2000, I was transferred from Dalian Detention Center to Dalian Correction House. I was first sent to team #5 and was given the number 104. The room was about 60 square meters and held over 130 people. There were foul smells in the air and it was very hot. The living conditions were unsanitary. We were not allowed to brush our teeth, go to the toilet, take a shower or do laundry. We were also put together with people with infectious diseases. Germs were all over the bedding. The food was also extremely bad, sometimes mildewed and turning sour. No family members were allowed to visit. During that period, we were forced to assemble ballpoint pens. "Made in Korea" was printed on the pen (the correction house had become a center for making fake products). We worked 16 hours a day, from 6:00am to 10:00pm.

In August 2000, I was assigned to unit #1, team #3 and forced to do labor. If the quota was not met, they would verbally and physically abuse me. Sometimes there was no water to drink and we could not take a shower for a month. The team captains Zhou Xinming, Zhu Fengshan and Yin often called me to talk and put pressure on me to give up practicing Falun Dafa. They would psychologically try to manipulate me. During this period of continuous vicious persecution, I had a severe karma eliminating condition in November 2000, with festers all over my body including my genital area. Even during this time I was forced to continue the labor, causing the festers to break open leaving stains all over my underwear. I was in extreme pain.

During this period, the team captains also forced the prisoners to tell lies publicly to deceive inspectors and outside visitors. In the beginning of December, the Liaoning Province Justice Department organized all reform institutions within the province to inspect each other. The captain asked us to tell lies publicly. When the inspectors asked us about our day, we were told to reply that we worked six hours and studied two hours daily. This was far from the truth. After the inspection they locked us practitioners up again.

The police in Dalian Reform Institution violated the laws that they were supposed to uphold. Their brutal torture of compassionate Dafa practitioners will eventually be punished according to the heavenly laws.